Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a $ store HPT this morning at 11 dpo. The control line showed up nice and dark but there was no test line. However, there were about 6-8 pink dots scattered across the strip that showed up within 2 minutes.

Has this happened to anyone? I'm counting it as a malfunctioning test and not a BFP or BFN.

Just curious if this has happened to anyone else...

· Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the more I think about this I have this crazy idea that the chemical that reacts to create the pink got all bounced around and it's really a positive but showing up as dots

Is this possible?

I just wished it was clearly + or -

· Registered
1,846 Posts
I have never had that happen, but I think it is possible that the chemical was not applied in a straight line. Why not? You can't really count it as a pos or neg without another test though. Your chart is looking good, some nice high temps, higher than your last chart. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

· Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DustysSweety03 View Post

probably a defective test. do you have picture of it?

no
I didn't get a picture this morning and was in a rush.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
I have never had that happen, but I think it is possible that the chemical was not applied in a straight line. Why not? You can't really count it as a pos or neg without another test though. Your chart is looking good, some nice high temps, higher than your last chart. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
I will test again tomorrow morning. It's 12dpo then. I only have 1 test left
and it's a e.p.t. digital so not sure if it's as accurate as the $ store tests. btw what do the rainbows in your sig mean? I can't figure it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.