Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure where to put this...

But has anyone dealt with Pink eye? My 3yo DSS just went back to his mom's (we have him on the weekend) and he had pink eye. We're cleaning blankets and pillows, towels and stuff. But I'm wondering about toys and other things he "touched" - cause he's 3, of course he touched his eye and then touched toys.

I REALLY don't want my 5mo DS to get pink eye!!!! But I'm not finding anything on the 'net that says it just sits everywhere, only mentioning blankets and towels. Still, I'm wiping down everything I can think of. Think wipes would be good enough? Or should I get out the bleach?

· Registered
344 Posts
I wouldn't get out the bleach. Sounds like you did a good job cleaning stuff. If he gets it, you could try camomile tea bags before eye drops ... that worked great when my 7 yo had it.

· Premium Member
10,578 Posts
We just had pink eye. My older ds is 5, so we told him to wash his hands a lot, and washed pillows and bedding, and wiped toys. Obviously it wasn't enough, cuz ds2 got it a day later. It didn't seem to bother him though. They had viral pink eye and it wasn't bad for long.

Wash your hands a lot! That seems to be the biggest factor. Maybe try to wipe down the baby's hands too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.