Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My snappi broke this morning. I pulled the middle leg down and it broke. I ordered a couple extra when I ordered new covers yesterday and they shipped today, but I probably have a few days of pinning before they arrive. I just tried pinning and it was awful. I couldn't get the fit as tight as I can with a snappi, so the legs have big gaps. I tried pinning one side, then the other, then re-pinning the first side to make it tighter but couldn't get it right.

Also, do you pin in or out? I did it so I was pointing the pin out towards his hips and his arm kept getting in the way so I was trying to keep his arm still while pinning. It was realy frustrating.

I have two BSWW, so I might try laying it in trifold, but it means I'll have to wash daily until the new snappi's come because I'm sure they'll be poopy before the end of the day and I need one of those for bedtime.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Not sure if this will help you any but I'll tell you how I do it. I usually do a jelly roll fold since it's AWESOME at containing poop (have NEVER got it on a cover w/ this fold) and my ds tends to poop alot.... I didn't get lucky with one of those once a week poopers
. It's also a great fold for tight legs even if your dc isn't a pooper. Ok so I do the jelly roll and then at the top I fold a bit of the pf under so it sits under his belly button, this gives me extra padding for pinning. I'll then pin the right side of his dipe first with the pin heading out towards his hip not in towards his belly. Remember you dont need to go through all the material just enough to catch. Oh and I also put my first two fingers of the hand that's not pinning under the top side that I'm pinning to give a little pressure against the pin. Also run your pins through a bar of white soap or your hair to get make it easier to glide the pin through. Once I've done one side I pull tight to do the other side... usually I don't have to re-do the first side but sometimes I do (I'm a perfectionist
)

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I point both pins the same way because it is the only way I can get both pins in there and keep everything tight. It just takes practice - lots and lots of practice. I also pull the diaper SUPER tight, put the pins in and then it relaxes a little and I have a nice tight fit

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just wanted to throw out there that if you only broke the part fastens on the bottom, then you can still use your snappi. I've actually heard of mamas cutting the bottom part off because they didn't like the part that hangs down. I've never cut mine off, but you might try it!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys View Post
I point both pins the same way because it is the only way I can get both pins in there and keep everything tight. It just takes practice - lots and lots of practice. I also pull the diaper SUPER tight, put the pins in and then it relaxes a little and I have a nice tight fit

Same here. I be sure to pull the diaper extra tight.. I pin the way it feels comfortable to me.. which is both pointy ends facing to the left.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by amj'smommy View Post
Not sure if this will help you any but I'll tell you how I do it. I usually do a jelly roll fold since it's AWESOME at containing poop (have NEVER got it on a cover w/ this fold) and my ds tends to poop alot.... I didn't get lucky with one of those once a week poopers
. It's also a great fold for tight legs even if your dc isn't a pooper. Ok so I do the jelly roll and then at the top I fold a bit of the pf under so it sits under his belly button, this gives me extra padding for pinning. I'll then pin the right side of his dipe first with the pin heading out towards his hip not in towards his belly. Remember you dont need to go through all the material just enough to catch. Oh and I also put my first two fingers of the hand that's not pinning under the top side that I'm pinning to give a little pressure against the pin. Also run your pins through a bar of white soap or your hair to get make it easier to glide the pin through. Once I've done one side I pull tight to do the other side... usually I don't have to re-do the first side but sometimes I do (I'm a perfectionist
)
Is the jelly roll fold hard? I've seen it on a website but it looks like it would take awhile to do. Do you roll one side at a time or both together?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1happymom View Post
Dritz pins seem to work a lot easier for us than Gerber ones. Which kind are you using? : ) Can you just use a tight-fitting wrap??
We're using Dritz. I had Gerber pins a few years ago and didn't like them very much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2boysn4darlins View Post
Just wanted to throw out there that if you only broke the part fastens on the bottom, then you can still use your snappi. I've actually heard of mamas cutting the bottom part off because they didn't like the part that hangs down. I've never cut mine off, but you might try it!
It was the bottom. I thought about this this morning and am using it! Hopefully one of the other sides doesn't break. It stinks because the snappi is only three weeks old. I hope they typically last longer!

I'm going to give pinning another shot today with these tips. The crazy thing is a few years ago I had no problems with pins but couldn't figure out the snappi. Now it's the other way around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.