Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been washing my own dipes for about two months now. This last wash, I noticed the inserts for my pockets are stinky. I do a soak in cold before washing with a Tbs of BioKleen BacOut in about 2 gallons of water. I then wash the dipes on hot/cold. Any suggestions on getting the stink out of my stuffers?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Hi, Jenn. Not sure how to fix an existing problem, but I spray my dipes with 1/2 water 1/2 BacOut before putting them in my dry pail. That may help keep away any future problems. Maybe try spraying them full strength with BacOut and letting sit for a while? Not sure, but I guess that's where I would start.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying Kat. I wash every 2-3 days. The directions on the BacOut say not to let it dry on the fabrics. Are your dipes drying out before you wash them or are you all over the washing like white on rice?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
It's such a delicate balance....too little soap vs. too much soap. Sounds like you might want to do one wash w/a teeny bit more soap. Also, what is your water heater temp set at? Manufacturers reccomend you set it at 140-160 for cloth diapers.

I have battled this w/my inserts too. I've boiled, sunned, stripped.... I found that cutting my soap helped a lot. Then found that I had too little soap cause they were starting to stink a little. So, just yesterday, I put about 2-3TBS in w/just the inserts on a med-high load, and then hand rinsed them (after the machine rinsed them twice....soap was still in there!). Now they smell fine. It's a pain, but I think I'll just have to do that once every 10 days or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts