Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to make pizza dough ahead and freeze. Can you freeze pizza dough? What's the best way to do this? Freeze in balls? Spread on pan in freeze in pizza form? Bake first? If I freeze in pizza form, do I thaw before topping or bake it frozen?<br><br>
Also, I use my bread machine for dough. I have a recipe I like (using all white WW flour), but it's very dense, and I the recipe originally calls for all white flour, so I can't seem to get the flour/oil/water ratio correct each time. Does anyone have a recipe they love to ise in the bread machine? Will replacing some of the WW flour with gluten help make the crust a little airier?<br><br>
TIA!

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I'm not so good at adjusting recipes so I can't really help there, but I make & freeze it all the time from the bread machine. I usually make a double or triple batch (I hate cleaning the bread machine) & then roll into balls, wrap in wax paper & then foil & freeze. I know some people bake before freezing, but I don't & it works fine.<br><br>
I have a bread machine recipe book that tweaks a ton of different recipes based on the machine. I love this book & everything I've made from it turns out tasty! If you let me know your machine I can look up the pizza dough recipe for it.<br><br>
HTH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts