Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my sons is taking a week long course at the Museum of Science in a couple weeks and instead of driving back and forth every day we thought it would be cool to stay up in Boston. We can not afford to pay $300 / night for a hotel though. Anyone know of some places to stay that are nice but not outrageously expensive?

Or anyone want to swap their place in Boston for my big house on the Cape for a week?

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
August 7-11!

·
Registered
758 Posts
that week isn't good for us. i am a part of a 200+ charlestown mothers association. pm me if you want me to post it there for you. i'd bet you get a taker on the swap.

amy

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
hmmm. tempting. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment in Cambridge, a very short bike or car ride to the MOS. and I was taking those days off work anyway because daycare is closed (DS goes mon-wed). where do you live on the Cape?

If the swap doesn't work I've recommended the Longwood Inn before, http://longwood-inn.com/ , we stayed when we first came to Boston and it was a comfy and reasonable home for us for two weeks. It's close to trader joes and they will let you cook dinner in the kitchen if you don't want to eat out every night. it's also a short walk to the D line which goes right to the MOS stop.

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We live in South Dennis - so about 20 minutes away (highway) from Hyannis and about 40 minutes away from P-town. Dennis is said to have the best beaches on the Cape, we are in the middle of the Cape so equal distance from both bay side and ocean side. It's a big 4 bedroom 1920s Cape in a historic area of town so the neighborhood is really pretty and we are real close to the cape cod rail trail (bike riding trail), bass river and Indian Lands conservation area.

We have 3 cats that will need to stay here though just FYI, so if you have allergies it won't be good for you! We also have two dogs but they will go to a kennel so you wouldn't need to worry about them.

I will check out the longwood link now - thanks!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Ah, that makes it easy, DH is very allergic to cats. Too bad, cause maybe we could've done a dog swap, too, we have one who would normally go to a kennel.

anyway best of luck! hope you find a solution! And I and DH like hello kitty quite a bit too... I got him a hula hello kitty once for his bday that was probably the best gift I ever got him.

Rebecca

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bummer. Oh well!

Glad to hear you two are HelloKitty fans though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts