Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a line is drawn from my belly button to my right hip, the loudest placenta sounds are at the midpoint of the line. I am 22weeks and I know it should move further up, but it has been in the same location since we first heard it.<br><br>
Would you be concerned about this? If I get to 35 weeks and it is still in the same location would you have an ultrasound? Do the cords always attach in the center? or can the placenta be oblong?<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
538 Posts
1. Are you sure you're listening to placenta sounds and not the iliac artery?<br>
2. It's kind of hard for me to know exactly where you're talking about without seeing it, but it doesn't sound too low. Listen right above the pubic bone. If you are hearing placenta there still, then it could be low lying. But even if it is low lying now, there's a good chance it won't be later. As your uterus grows bigger, your placenta is moved upward too.<br><br>
And no, cords don't always attach in the center. They can attach anywhere. Try looking up battledore placenta for some pictures.<br><br>
HTH!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! The sound I hear has moved further up so it is now about level with my belly button on my right side. No noises down by my pubic bone.<br><br>
THANKS!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts