Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about 36 weeks and planning my HBAC. I have no signs of any placenta problems, but have not had an ultrasound. My midwife (whom I trust completely) says that I have no signs of a problem and I feel kicks in the front and on my cervix, so she feels the placenta is most likely right where it is supposed to be. She had offered to try and listen for it early on, but it never came up again. I wasn't concerned so I didn't push it.<br><br>
I know some midwives/OB's like to do an ultrasound to check out where the placenta is. Do any of you find it necessary? Do you feel that there is usually a sign that there's a problem first? (bleeding, not feeling kicks in front, difficulty hearing fetal heart tones, etc.)<br><br>
I feel confident that all is well with me, but just wanted to hear others opinions on the subject.<br><br>
Thanks in advance for any input!

·
Registered
11 Posts
<span style="font-family:'Comic Sans MS';"><span style="color:#800080;">My practice does 'require' an ultrasound for placental location and "scar integrity" for VBACs - but that's more politics than anything else. Plenty of our ladies decline ultrasounds, and I'm comfortable with that, as long as they've only had one prior c/section. To me, the key to HBACs is -- it has to be normal. I'm not going to augment labor in any way, including AROM or herbs. I'm going to transfer for a placenta sooner than I would with other moms. Labor should be normal and progressive. Good luck!</span></span>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts