Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my anatomy scan a couple of days ago (21+1 weeks with our little rainbow girl) and the good news is that babygirl is doing great! Very lively and hyper. Cute as a button 😊.

But they did find out some abnormalities with my uterus.
🔸Firstly: placenta previa. Meaning that my placenta is partially blocking the way out. If this doesn't change and my placenta doesn't stretch up I will end up getting a c-section. Extra ultrasound at 32 weeks.
🔸Secondly: apparently I have what appears to be an amnionic sheet (not band). It's not in the way for our little girl to move freely, and the ultrasound technician wasn't concerned at all, but I will have an extra check-up next Thursday so they can have a better look. It's below my baby, she doesn't seem bothered at all by it.

But I was just wondering if any of you has ever experienced either of the two and how it affected your pregnancy and/or birth. I'm especially hoping for some positive stories 😊😙.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I saw my midwife today. Baby girl is doing great and my uterus is already quite high :) so these were nice things to hear.

But I also got my files to take with me on Thursday at my gynaecologist appointment, so I got to read exactly what they know at the moment.

I have placenta previa, and my placenta is partially on the front side of my belly, partially on the right side. I have an amnionic sheet on the right-lower side of my placenta and it seems to be covered with veins. The umbilical chord however isn't low, but on a "good" part of the placenta (which is nice to read).

Now we wait :) we'll know more on Thursday!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.