Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that don't use a package curriculum (and of course if you don't unschool)...what plan book do you use to keep track of your lessons for the year in each subject??

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I just use a spiral notebook.<br>
I label the week at the top and then list what I plan to accomplish. When we do those things I check them off, and I write unplanned but "Educational" things in at the bottom.<br><br>
Anything that was planned but we don't get to I carry over to the next week.<br>
I try to do a little history, math, science and language (reading/writing) each week

·
Registered
721 Posts
I like the way Sonlight's planner look, but we don't use Sonlight. So, I made my own in a spreadsheet. That way if I plan I can plug stuff in under the appropriate subject. If not I can plug stuff in while we are going about our week. If it's just for one child I put their intial next to it. Like under readers...Magic School Bus (G).<br><br>
When I'm bored I go back and type it up. It get's three whole punched and put in my mommy book.<br><br>
My Mommy book is a binder with and index. You can buy the index with 30 tabs at Office supply stores. I write in the front with a pencil what I put under each number.<br><br>
I guess when it starts to get full then I'll back a binder just to put the "old" planner sheets in. You know..just in case =) It works really well for me because I'm not a naturally organized person and tend to stick to lists that always get lost. I just keep the page out during the day on our living room coffee table. In our house that's where most of the "learning" takes place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts