Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping for a 2nd vbac but it doesn't like it's going to happen. I have a planned c-section scheduled for tomorrow.

This was a surprise pregnancy and have been swollen from the beginning. For the life of me, I cannot get my wedding ring off. Will they make me take it off for the c-section or will they tape it? I wouldn't be so concerned about having it cut off except that it's an eternity band.

I have no idea what to do.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
They taped mine.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what kind of anesthesia do they use for planned sections?

thanks for the link. I've tried everything and with weight gain and more swelling there is no way it's coming off unless someone cuts it.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by biochick View Post
what kind of anesthesia do they use for planned sections?
Epi or spinal

·
Registered
25,599 Posts
My records indicate that my rings were taped for my 2nd and 3rd sections (both under spinal). They weren't. They weren't even touched. They certainly weren't removed.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Nobody bothered me about my rings, with the planned section I had for the twins. With my emergency section, though, they asked me nicely to remove them and I stashed them with DH's wallet. No big deal. But if you can't remove it, I'd talk that over with the doc at an office appointment, before you go to the hospital at all. That way there's no last minute arguments.

I had an epi with my first section, and a spinal with the planned section. I liked the spinal better, because with the epi there was too much feeling left. It was freaky. I got better, deeper numbness with the spinal, which made it easier for me to stay calm and focused.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I hope everything goes well today. It may not be the birth you want, and that sucks, but I hope you both come threw it safe and sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.