Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm about 9 weeks pregnant and am planning a homebirth this time around. My DS was borning in a freestanding birth center, which was nice, but it was almost an hour's drive away, so I ended up laboring in a hotel for most of my active labor.
(You can read all about it here if you're interested.)

Anyway, I'm mostly nervous about my house being too messy for a homebirth. How silly is that? I mean, my house is messy, but it's not that bad. Maybe my nesting instinct will kick in at the end.

So, I just wanted to say hi because I'll be hanging out here for the next few months. Looking forward to chatting with you mamas (and mamas-to -be!)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by abigailvr
Anyway, I'm mostly nervous about my house being too messy for a homebirth. How silly is that?
:LOL

what are you afraid of? that you won't be able to find the baby in the laundry pile or that the MW won't be able to find you amidst the toys?
:

afterall, babies and their older siblings are so clean and every MW expects a tidy house, right? :LOL

....just a little ribbing to help you relax!!

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyconmomma
what are you afraid of? that you won't be able to find the baby in the laundry pile or that the MW won't be able to find you amidst the toys?
The second one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyconmomma
afterall, babies and their older siblings are so clean and every MW expects a tidy house, right? :LOL

....just a little ribbing to help you relax!!

I do need to relax, you are very right about that.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by abigailvr
Hi All,

I'm about 9 weeks pregnant and am planning a homebirth this time around. My DS was borning in a freestanding birth center, which was nice, but it was almost an hour's drive away, so I ended up laboring in a hotel for most of my active labor.
(You can read all about it here if you're interested.)

Anyway, I'm mostly nervous about my house being too messy for a homebirth. How silly is that? I mean, my house is messy, but it's not that bad. Maybe my nesting instinct will kick in at the end.

So, I just wanted to say hi because I'll be hanging out here for the next few months. Looking forward to chatting with you mamas (and mamas-to -be!)
my midwives said so long as it's not filthy, they can sit down somewhere and walk through the house, it's fine. we did tell them, however, if they want it sterilized, my mother could come over to give it a good scrubbin! my mother is a TWEE bit anal... :LOL

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by witchbaby
we did tell them, however, if they want it sterilized, my mother could come over to give it a good scrubbin! my mother is a TWEE bit anal... :LOL
Think your mother might want to come visit me?

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Maybe you can find a mw that is as unorganized as you.

My mw doesn't appear to be that way but since I knew her socially first that's helped me feel better about it.

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
Your midwife is not that way, Megan? Ah, I beg to differ! Unorganization is my middle name!

Really, I'd much rather that a woman live her life and enjoy her kids than be a chronic obsessive housecleaner.

I've done births in houses that have dog poop on the floor, major fleas, etc. While I don't PREFER those type of houses, I always feel like I should have clients over to see my house (I'm talking my upstairs bathroom especially!!) so they can relax a bit.

Your home is where your baby will live. It is where YOU live.

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Quote:
've done births in houses that have dog poop on the floor, major fleas, etc.
That makes me have to supress the urge to vomit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.