Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to the Arkansas tribe! My sister and I and our kids (9yo girl, 14 month boy) are planning to visit some distant relatives that live in Peel or some tiny little town thereabouts. I was just wondering what sort of thing there was to do around there. I know it will probably be hot (August) and we are very much into outdoorsy, natural type stuff as well as any local historical stuff. Any help is much appreciated! Also, we will be flying into Kansas City (visiting another relative) and driving down. Anything to see along the way? (And I really don't care much about Branson). Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Hi Sara. Bull Shoals is a beautiful lake. There are actually quite a few outdoorsy type things to do there - I'd probably spend a great deal of time swimming at the lake, but I think I was a fish in my former life!
I wish I could give you more specifics, but I lived a little further south and it's been a few years! If you guys like to canoe - there are some great rivers around there to canoe on. I'm jealous - I'm so sick of Colorado - I want to get back to that area so badly!!!! (Even just for a vacation!) Have fun.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh good. We're definately the outdoorsy type, just hope it's not too hot/humid and unbearable. My great-grandmother is from there and my granddad grew up there so there is lots of family history in the area and I'm sure folks willing to tell some stories. I can't wait. Thanks for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts