Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the environmental impact of plastic pants, do you think they are better for cloth diapering? I'm still pretty clueless to the whole CD thing, and my mom only used plastic pants so when I suggested she crotchet some diaper covers for my upcoming daughter she looked at me like I was kinda off my rocker, lol. I've been thinking of getting a combination of both, but should I nix getting plastic all together? I bought a pack so far, but if they're really subpar I don't see a point.

I'll be using flats and prefolds if that helps.

· Registered
999 Posts
Hi,

I found "plastic pants" (do you mean they are PUL pants?) to be hotter than wool or fleece on my kids and my kids tended to get more rashes w/them. My kids couldn't wear PUL AIO's either. For a newborn you could go w/some crocheted soakers or you can find some pretty affordable fleece or wool interlock pull on soakers on hyenacart.

loveybums.com sells wool wraps that work REALLY well over fitteds or prefolds.....these are great for newborns
!

Don't worry, your mom will adjust as soon as she sees how cute they look on your little one

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.