Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi there,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can anyone recommend a good play table for toddlers? I'm looking for one for my 2yo, preferably one that is either unfinished or has a non-toxic finish, and is made from some kind of solid wood like rubberwood.</p>
<p><br>
I'm having a hard time finding one on the toy sites and amazon... would love a recommendation. I think that will be his Christmas gift.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
<p>I have the small table and chairs from Ikea.  They are solid and nice.  Fairly small, most likely will only get DDs through age 5.  My sister got the pottery barn table and chairs and they are much bigger.  Will easily get her kids through about 10 years old or so.  Hers is painted though. Ikea is unfinished and much less expensive.  I like it and will keep it around for a while longer..... My 8 year old niece sat at it the other day and she could still fit and color.</p>

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
<p>I would get a train table and spring for the drawers.  We got ours when our son was about 3 and at 9 we still use it.  It have been a craft table, an art table, a little people table, a thomas table, a matchbox table, a dominoes table, etc etc and currently it it a lego table. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ours looks like this:</p>
<p><a href="http://www.traintablesonline.com/" target="_blank">http://www.traintablesonline.com/</a></p>

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
<p>Beka has several. American made. It is what I would choose if we had the space.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Oompa and Moolka carry some.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You could also convert another piece of furniture by hacking off part of the legs.</p>

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
<p>We have "train" table but no trains on it, from Target, it was the least expensive one we found new. Now though, my mom found one on craigslist for $25. It is one of the best investments we've made. DS loves playing at it.</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts