Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my dd to her 12 month well baby check up. The doctor (who I don't trust anyway) said that it was time for her shots. I told her we were waiting on getting them because I had some questions about the MMR. She asked what can she answer and I told her nothing because I was just waiting for more information to come out since it was so recent that some of the people who worked on one of the studies have switch stories. She then told me how safe the shots are and that there was a messles outbreak recently. I didn't hear anything on the news so it sounded like she was trying to scare me into getting dd shots.<br><br>
I had playgroup right after her doctor's appointment so I asked the other ladies have there doctors told them about a recent outbreak. They said no and asked why. I told them what my doctor had told me. One of them said that they didn't know why I wouldn't just give dd the shots because of reglious fanatics didn't get vaccination shots and the other one said that maybe I was one of them. That made me so mad. Just because have decided that I need to do more research on vaccinations I am now a reglious fanatic. I told dh that night and he couldn't believe that they would say something like that.<br><br>
Katie

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
That was really rude! MMR happens to be one of the shots I truly don't get for religious reasons. Who are they to judge other people's 'religions' even if it's not true. Did you happen to mention they are giving their children shots made w/ aborted fetal cells? Ewww...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't say anying because I was too shocked at the comment. We were actually talking about all shots in general not just MMR when they made the comment. I just couldn't believe that people actually thought that way.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
My Mom, who does NOT know we do not vaccinate, says stuff like this. Comments like "These people who don't 'believe' in Doctors" (isn't that blasphenous!!) "don't get their kids taken away for not vaccinating/medicating them, but others do, etc." My Mom truly sees the medical establishment as gods-no wonder she is always ill...<br><br>
Anyway, that playgroup comment went way too far. They insulted you (and others) all the way around. Heck, I play the religious game if they want too (I am not but know laws, the Bible, alot about vaccines, etc. so I can respond well, especially if they are Christians it may shut them up fairly quickly!!). Make them cringe. Hit them where you know they'll squirm...lol<br><br>
Or just ignore them to a degree and decide if you want to continue in tha tgroup, they sound a bit judgemental too me!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I don't mind being called a religious zealot or a Christian weirdo. As long as those shots don't come anywhere near my child. I DO mind being called an uninformed parent or child neglecter.<br><br>
Jen<br>
A christian by faith

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yeah, I'm a religious zealot.....religious about protecting my child and making the best decisions I can for their health.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts