Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son can't even play outside due to pieces of glass and nails... my dad had a hauling business and started dumping it in the yard. We have it cleaned up but still remains. Anyway, there are also hubdreds of dead stink bugs now in the yard all over. Does anyone know about this and what is causing them to die? Thanks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
1. Wrong forum.
2. If it's just stink bugs, maybe it's just that time of year. If it's also other insects, then could your dad have dumped something poisonous?

If I were you, I'd treat your yard like it wasn't there and go to the park a LOT. I know it sucks (very very much) but you don't really have a yard if it's not safe.

·
Registered
72 Posts
waldorf is very pro outdoors, not necessarily the wrong forum. So hard to tell if this stuff is just your fears about outdoors, or valid concerns about toxins... If you can afford it, put down a new layer of sod, so your kid is not directly touching the contaminants. I'd be more concerned if you have well water and what ever is on the ground reaches that, than worry about outdoor play. If he is not digging into the ground and eating it, he is prob fine. There's all this crab in the air coming into our homes anyways, and are your cleaners safe, is your carpet and bedding nontoxic... start from there and let him climb a tree...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts