Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Waldorf inspired play things for creativity! I have never met a child that did not become thrilled by them. My girls love running with them outside playing "fairy"

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
They are for your little ones imagination
A dress, a roof of a house, whatever you can think of! They come in all different sizes, but my favorite size is the 11x11 for those tiny imaginations
Those are sooo hard to find, but perfect for a little babies hands!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
They're great b/c they can be turned into just about anything your little one can imagine. I dyed up a ton for a craft swap on diaperpin & kept as many as I could b/c my not-quite 1 year old loves them! We play peek-a-boo with them, hide things under them, toss them up in the air & catch them...I have some really cute pix of Ian playing with one of them in the "playsilks" subalbum of my photobucket.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Dd1 uses them to 'design' clothes for here sister. They will play for hours doing that. Dd1 wants to be a clothing designer when she grows up..so far. They have been supercapes, grass, tents, anything and everything! :LOL

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeyfeet
I am so glad this was asked!

Where does one get them? Can you just go to the fabric store and get some cut up?
You can buy them pre-dyed online, but IMHO it's more fun to buy silk scarf blanks from Dharma & dye them yourself! If your little ones are old enough, they could even do the dyeing themselves w/something non-toxic like Kool-aid.

ETA: you can get them cheaper, and pre-hemmed (yay!), at Dharma than you would if you just bought some silk at your local fabric shop.

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
DS just loves his silks! I just ordered a bunch from dharma too (through and MDCcop) there's a mama here at MDC that sells BEAUTIFUL ones through Ebay, her company is called NatureNurture.
You can also buy silky fabrics at the fabric store. I just bought 3 new ones this weekend for ds out of the remnants bin for under $5

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.