Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m B and I have a three year old son and a three month old son. I’ve been married to my husband for three years. My stepson has always been weird about coming over to visit. Lately he’s taken it to the extreme and told his mom he only wants to come over Sunday from 2-6:30 every week and told me tonight he wants to take a break from daddy’s. He’s completely annoyed by my 3year old wanting to hang out and honestly never even interacts with my 3month old. His mother lets him eat/do/act however he wants and while I respect that he is her child I don’t want my children acting that way. We have rules at our house. We eat moderately healthy meals. I’m heartbroken. I’m at a loss. Is this ever going to get better? I feel so horrible for my kids not having a good relationship with their brother. I feel horrible I can’t make him like our house as much as he likes his moms. I don’t know what to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I’m B and I have a three year old son and a three month old son. I’ve been married to my husband for three years. My stepson has always been weird about coming over to visit. Lately he’s taken it to the extreme and told his mom he only wants to come over Sunday from 2-6:30 every week and told me tonight he wants to take a break from daddy’s. He’s completely annoyed by my 3year old wanting to hang out and honestly never even interacts with my 3month old. His mother lets him eat/do/act however he wants and while I respect that he is her child I don’t want my children acting that way. We have rules at our house. We eat moderately healthy meals. I’m heartbroken. I’m at a loss. Is this ever going to get better? I feel so horrible for my kids not having a good relationship with their brother. I feel horrible I can’t make him like our house as much as he likes his moms. I don’t know what to do.
To be honest, you feel this way because of Your emotions. Never sacrifice the needs of another person for the needs of you and Yours. I made that mistake once and it backfired. Moving forward, I'd definitely would focus more on the health and upbringing of your child because that is very important to you. As far as brotherhood, your son doesn't know about connections with anybody, but his parents. Allow your son to grow up and then maybe, if your step son grows up more, he'll be more curious about his brother (especially if they're both at that age that they can play with each other). In the meantime, try not to stress yourself over the relationship between the kids. Your overall health is far more important.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts