Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please read this guys, i have tryed reaching out to other people,
right now there are over 200,00 children enslaved in america. worldwide the numbers are too many to even count. its absolutely horrifying. we must all do something, please help us to be a voice for these little children,we have to do something. what if it was your child? we cannot allow the government or the public to sit by and ignore this any longer, we must join together and scream at the top of our lungs that this isnt right,and we wont stand for it!my sister and i dont know what excactly we can do so we started this site so that we the people can get together and brainstorm for a solution. please,please, join us here, we need your voice. thank you for your time.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/you_otta_know/

·
Premium Member
24,385 Posts
There is no debating on Activism. If you don't support the call to action, then don't post.

Secondly - Namecalling is NOT allowed on MDC.

As you will notice - I have deleted all the posts but the first one. Keep the thread on topic, be respectful, and no debating the cause.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I checked out your group and I cannot beleive this is happening. Perhaps we could do a write up on it for the next issue of MotherVerse. I am sure this would be of great interest to our readers as we always inclue mother/child relevant activism.. I will be looking around your site for more info, please contact me if you would like to help organize the information or submit anything new.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we would love if you could help us shine a light on this!! my heart litterly skipped a beat when i read your post! the reaction we have recived thus far has been very depressing.(not here on mothering) we where shocked that no one wanted to even hear about this, i have been in tears more than once over this reaction the last few days. i will email you personaly with our contact info, and if you need anytrhing, please contact us! thanks again!-jen, sarah

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys i just wanted to let you all know that december 12 is the official day against trafficking, so please if there is anything you can do to raise awarness of this issue, we ask that on this day you really get active, we can make a difference!!!

if you want to do something, but arent sure what to do, go to our yahoo site we have put ideas for ways you can take action there!!

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
We live in a border twon (Mexican) the reality of this is very apperent locially and I wish the media would stop covering it up and say what it really is. Like the other day they reported there was a "crash" near a lake and resued were 12 illegials the two men with them fled on foot. Come on 12 girls running in age from about 16-21 It doesn't take a genius to figure out who they were. That crash might have been the best thing that could happen to them. But how is it reported? "12 illegials" yes they were in the US illegially but how? Its down right scarry and wrong. I'm not sure how to fix it, but we need to at the very least make people aware.
DK

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh, my goodness, doesnt it just make you sick? why does the media report this way? they have the power to put the truth out there and yet, they choose to be part of the cover up. i think it is in part due to the way americans veiw this issue, we have gotten many responses of people asking us not to speak of this issue, and lots of mommies that have told us they dont want to hear it because it is so terrible, i think the media is being spinless and is afraid to get this same reaction, so they report what they feel the public wants to hear. so, i feel that it is my duty to yell and scream about it, and thus force people to listen to what we are saying. there are so many people that dont even know this exists, its unbelivable. thank god those girls plan crashed, i agree it is a blessing, i cant immagine what there fate would have been if the plane had made it. remember that dec. 12 is the day against trafficking, and we are trying to get people out there to raise awarness of this issue, if you need ideas, or posters, or petitions join our group on yahoo, we will be sending those to our members.thanks girls we are counting on you!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/you_otta_know

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ahhhh!

I just found out my next door neighbor childhood friend was being sexually abused by her step father for years. It makes me so upset. I cannot believe people do these things. Go so far to sastify there nasty urges, and mess up someones life.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
we opened an internet store today! we are excited about this
we hope that people will get these items and turn themselves into billboards for the cause! i hope you will check it out! we only have a few items now-we just started today- but give us a couple days and well have more, keep checking back! also join the you otta know newsletter on the store site, ew have lots of good stuff in there!- thanks, jen

www.cafepress.com/you_otta_know

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
This has been going on for a while, sadly. I remember reading a magazine article (or maybe a book) about this back in '99 or '00.

Does anything writing letters to our government reps would help? And letters to the editor of the paper? I'm sorry if these ideas have been discussed, I don't have time to read all the replies.

~Nay

·
Registered
649 Posts
Oh my gosh.this is one of the saddest things I have ever read.How do I help? I can write our congressman here is tennessee.My parents know him. I could also calla friend who is an intern in Washington.WHatshould I tell them, should I just forward the yahoo site?
It is so wonderful you cared enough to post this

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes i think writting letters to state reps helps, i have written to everyone in my state i could think of, and also to pres bush. if you go to www.congress.org they will give you all your reps contact info, its very easy. also if you go to the you_ott_know yahoo site in the links section their is a letter from the oprah website already written for you to send to your reps so it is very easy it would take 5 min to do. thank you girls for careing. this has been so hard to deal with, it helps us keep going knowing that people do actually care. we have put some links up on the yahoo site of WONDERFUL organizations please take a look at them and consider joining or donating they are really doing so much good, and they need our support! i get sick when i think of how happy my kids are going to be this holiday season, and i know there are so many inocent babies out there suffering so badly, they should get to be free and inocent just like my kids, i just cant believe that this is even going on.
and do you know about the baby raping in south africa? this is, for me, 10 times worse than the slavery issue, this has taken me a year to come to terms with enouph to even be able to talk about it. uh, its so vile, i litterely couldnt stop crying for days last year when i saw this. i thought the world was comming to an end, it is so horrible. i cannot figure out how we can coexist with such suffering and not know about it, and when we know how can we justify our little lives with our little problems? i know i havent yelled at my hubby for not putting the seat down since i saw that. what right do i have, at least i have plumbing, for god sakes their are infants being raped to death, how can anything in my life be worth getting upset about?im sorry im rambling, i think i need a break from this for a moment, but thats the thing, if its this hard to think about all the time then immagine living it day in and day out, i dont know where these kids find their will to live and to perservere i dont think i could do it. i have so much respect for these children who some how manage to go through this and ever laugh again, to continue to live in spite of such pain, wow.ok well im going to bed i havent slept in two days, i have three kids with a stomach flu(an extra gift picked up on our trip for thanksgiving!)so thanks again guys for taking time toi care, we cant let these kids down!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.