Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter turned 2 last month. For a while I was just giving her her toothbrush at night and having her "brush" herself, but I started to notice her teeth looking yucky, and not clean at all. Now I've tried to get more serious about having her actually brush them. I bought her several different kinds of toothbrushes, she has toothpaste that she loves, I've tried brushing at the same time to have her mirror me, I even bring up the tooth fairy episode of yo gabba gabba that she loves- I sing the tooth fairy song and NOTHING works. She is a very stubborn and feisty little girl, so there is no way she will let me do it for her.

I am starting to panic. I had a mouth full of fillings by the time I was in 4th grade. My mom was terrible about making sure I brushed properly. I know panic is only going to make it worse.

Please hit me up with your ideas on how to make this more fun, make it a game, whatever I can do to get her to brush a little.

thanks

· Registered
797 Posts
My dd is about the same age and I'll tell her to brush her teeth and she'll just quickly stick the toothbrush in her mouth for 2 seconds and then she's done. Obviously that isn't enough, so I have to hold her down and do it myself and she fights, but what I do is wrap her legs around my waist and hold her legs down with my elbows so my hands are free to hold her hands and brush her teeth. I just try to do it really quickly so that she isn't upset for too long. Have you brought her to the dentist yet? I brought my dd the other week and he made her teeth very pretty and clean, lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.