Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm on this diet and need some help coming up with meal ideas.

No sugar
No cow milk
No white or simple starches

Limited whole grains
limited yogurt and cheese

I can have meat, veggies, berries, and nuts all I want.

I love salad but the hardest part is a dressing that I can live with. So far the only thing I can think of is lemon juice but that gets old. I can't have vinegar but can have oil.

Please help me! I've got breakfast covered and snacks too but dinner and lunch evade me.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Go visit http://www.paleofood.com
All their recipes will conform to your guidelines by default!

For a salad dressing, I would make a vinaigrette using lemon juice in place of vinegar. You could also make a tahini dressing. Here is an example of one: http://www.pccnaturalmarkets.com/hea...i_Dressing.htm . Or maybe a pesto dressing! You could even put that over other veggies besides lettuce.

Things you can make:
chicken/shrimp/tuna/egg salad with homemade mayo
deviled eggs
rollups - take some turkey, bacon, and lettuce, roll up into pinwheels and slice. you can put them on a salad or just eat them
chili
easy dinner - pan grilled marinated meat and a side of steamed veggies drizzled in olive oil
guacamole with cut up veggies for dipping
omelettes
soup - veggie, chicken, beef, egg drop, thai flavors, etc
nori rolls
waldorf salad
kebabs
jerky
whole roasted chicken
pot roast
fruit salad

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm not a big meat eater so this has been hard for me.

Any other ideas than mayo as I'm not a fan.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
You could use pesto instead of mayo, maybe?

Another idea I just had was avocado/tomato salad with cilantro or parsley and some lemon juice.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Berries make a very good vinaigrette. Take pureed raspberries, blackberries, or strawberries. Add a bit of honey and some lemon or lime. Oh, and some oil of choice -- olive oil is good and goes with most everything. Goes very well with a bit of soft cheese and some nuts like toasted pecans, walnuts, or pine nuts over greens. If using walnuts, I would use walnut oil in the dressing.

If you can do a little bit of yogurt, you can also make a great dressing with a tablespoon or so of yogurt, a bit of honey, some lemon juice, and add finely diced cucumbers or a pureed avocado.

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the berry vinagrette sounds good, I'll try that. blueberry and lime in particular.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.