Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure this is the place to post this, so if it needs to be moved, that's okay.

But I need some serious help with my kitchen. We would like to paint it, but have no idea how to pick a color. We have pink (yes, pink) countertops, a light tan Pergo floor, some white & some beige appliances, and some accents we'd like to keep that are dark blue. Right now the walls & cabinets & trim are all painted white & there is a border of grape vines around the top.

I'm wondering about painting the inner squares on the cabinet doors and the walls....or something. I have no clue how to work around the pink counter, tan floor, and dark blue. We could ditch the blue if we had to, though. What do you think? Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
We just bought a house a couple months ago and it had pink countertops in the kitchen! With grey linoleum floors and white cupbourds and pink and grey wallpaper.

Not really sure what to suggest for you, sorry, but pink is so hard to work with. We decided to just replace them as we didn't want to put any money into trying to make them work. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
onthemove: That kitchen sounds pretty bad! Fortunately, ours isn't too bad other than the counters. I guess pink was a popular kitchen color at one time.

We can't replace the countertops now because we're hoping to put an addition on in a few years & we'd replace them then. Plus they're in good shape. Sooo--what to do? Anyone know a good wall color to go with pink countertops?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Get a lot of paint chip samples in pinks, maroons, blues, and greens (compliment of reds and pink) that look like they match what you have, and look at them next to the different surface you want to paint at different times of day to see how they look in different lights. Go with the color that looks and feels right to you. Make sure you get different values (light and dark colors) as well as hues (different colors).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.