Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3.25 year old, who has been out of dipes (day and night) since 21 months is now peeing everywhere! He's been having 1-2 "accidents" each day for a week and nothing seems to be the matter. He'll explain that he did not want to get up (from the couch) or he was feeling tiresd. These are day time, awake events, oddly he has not done any wetting at night.

Should I take him to the doc? What is this?

·
Registered
9,039 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No constipation at all and he doesn't say it hurts or have any fever or anything else. I am stumped by this one!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think it is important to rule out any possible medical issues. Also food sensitivities.
I am not an expert. I do have two kids tho. I think kids ebb and flow in their development. They regress from time to time. And they can be very sensitive to changes and/or stress (even if as adults, we don't perceive a situation as stressful). Take a close look at any changes in your lives. Kids this young don't have the ability to articulate some deeper issues and it can come out via potty accidents, tantrums, excessive night waking, etc.
My daughter at age 4 seemed to have a whole year of on and off "accidents". It was hard. She was having constipation issues too, despite lots of fiber and water. Sometimes constipation is a symptom of emotional blocks too. I wish you both luck in figuring this out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.