Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thx in advance
I'm concerned about my sis, her 2nd pregnancy, she's at 38 wks.
Recently she started having symptoms where the front of her head feels strange - she gets short of breath, and just feels really odd. At first she thought she was psychotic, or having panic attacks, but now she says it's not that at all. Her heart feels fine, but she's short of breath & her head feels like it's "full of air, or her sinuses are empty" and she says it's like a "Bad Euphoria". The feelings come in waves she says and can last 1-24 hrs. Changing position doesn't help.
fwiw, the baby is riding low, especially now. We wondered if perhaps it was resting on some nerve, artery or something.

She's very stoic and although she's called the dr's office, she had difficulty in describing the symptoms and is unlikely to call back or to go in since she doesn't want to bother then unnecessarily.

anyone have any ideas as to what this is? thx so much

·
Registered
593 Posts
It does sound like a circulation problem , or low hemoglobin. Maybe that is too simple but has she has her HG level checked lately?

I get very distinct headaches while pregnant and swear it is some teeny tiny little nerve in my sacrum being pressed by the expanding uterus. It is not a logical location but I swear that is what is happening.

Just a thought, Maybe it is a hormone rush...?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know she is going in every week & has an excellent doc (mine!) - am not sure about what tests she's had lately. thx
My family tends to put off "bothering" a dr and minimizes things like this...worries me.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thankyou all - am printing out the replies and getting them to her now. I'll come back w/ any progress & meanwhile if there are any other thoughts/ideas, they are greatly appreciated by both of us. you all are so wonderful to take the time to try to help her.

·
Premium Member
7,581 Posts
One more thought, unrelated to pregnancy.....does she have TMJ (Temporamandibular joint disorder)? Lightheadedness, dizziness and headaches can be symptoms. I have it and I get these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.