Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so bored with cooking. I did make a big pot of rice/beans today to make wraps with. looking for any ideas that my 2 kiddos will eat as well (they aren't picky at all- just must be finger food type stuff) oh yeah and cheap if possible! TIA!
ETA- we are not vegan so dairy is ok

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I made a yummy dip/sandwich spread last night. I cooked red lentils, a couple cloves of garlic, and veggie broth until the lentils and garlic were mush. Then I cooled it and added a pinch of salt and olive oil to get the consistency right. My kids really ate it up.

They also like chickpeas and raisins- an idea I got from a persian friend. Take cooked garbanzo beans and toss with a little oil and salt. Bake in the oven on a cookie sheet until browned (you may have to stir them once). Cool and add raisins.

·
Registered
94 Posts
how about tri colored tortillas? i saute green and red peppers and yellow squash in olive oil and slap on a tortilla. i top with organic cheese too.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I make really simple meals...

grilled cheese

peanut or almond butter and sliced banana sandwich on sprouted bread

cheese quesadillas sometimes with a little refried beans inside too

roasted garbanzos...I make mine with tamari soy sauce, olive oil and black pepper or sometimes I'll make them with grainy mustard, olive oil, salt and black pepper....dd loves them either way!

high protein noodles tossed with olive oil and a little salt

I serve any of those with fresh fruit or veggies on the side

1 - 5 of 5 Posts