Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to outside circumstances, my stress level and amount of sleep have increased and decreased respectively over the last several weeks. I am averaging about 2-4 hrs of sleep per night and honestly, my stress level is not about to decrease anytime in the near future. It's affecting my milk, I'm not full anymore and dd2 is *constantly* asking to nurse, sometimes within 30 minutes of just finishing. Also, even first thing in the morning, she's not getting the big swallows she did just a month or so ago. I am drinking all the water I can tolerate, but I *hate* oatmeal. Any other natural suggestions to boost my supply back up until my body can relax some? BTW, dd is almost 3, and my 4 yr old just weaned a couple of months ago.
and

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
You can get mama's milk tea to help with your supply.

I am sorry that you are having a stressful time. There are things that you can do to reduce your stress levels. Stress is not caused by the events that happen in your life. It is caused by your reaction to them. Try some natural ways to reduce stress:

Take a walk
journal
pray/meditate/ritual
keep busy
eat well and drink plenty of water
yoga

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama_kass
Stress is not caused by the events that happen in your life. It is caused by your reaction to them.
You know, I appreciate your input, but honestly, this statement is insulting. I did not ask for input on how to decrease my stress levels, and while it's nice in theory that stress is not caused by events, how about you take a look at the bigger picture for me? I am doing everything I can to keep my stress levels under control, however, when your whole world turns upside down, you tend to react in physical ways sometimes.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=490185

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I'm very sorry that I insulted you.
I only meant to give you some suggestions that have worked for me.
I'm sorry you are having a hard time.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that Kass, I really do. But it just felt so condesending, and honestly, I've had enough with people telling me what I need to do in order to feel better. Do people think I *enjoy* feeling stressed out? Do they think that I don't KNOW that things will get better when I relax? I know this. However, every time I think I've got a handle on things, I get another sucker punch in the gut. I'm doing the very best that I can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts