Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the BF board also but wanted to post it her too ..
HI Ladies
I am now trying to transistion back to work PT , and we have been EBF and on demand feeding. Dad is working with him on taking a bottle of pumped milk . Yesterday I worked a few hrs and he finally took the botttle and eat 6 oz and then wanted more but we only had the 6 oz. ..ok to my ?? I have a single side medela electric pump and can get about 4 oz when i pump but I am gonna be working about 3 days a week and he seems to eat more than that , do i need a better pump ... what kind and style ??? How often should I pump to get a store ? Also what bottles have you had success with ?? I really do not want to give him formula please help
:

·
Registered
922 Posts
The LC that I went to a while back did say that a double pump is more effective in stimulating let down. Do you have a little stash started? I would suggest starting to pump every day, at about the same time, usually in the am is when you'll have the most milk. Pump about an hour after you nurse the baby. After a few days, you'll start to get more. Then you can build up a little freezer stash before you start work. Oatmeal, mother's milk tea, drinking enough water, all important things you can do too. I have a Medela Pump in style. It's a bit pricey, but dd is my first child, and hopefully there will be more to come. And I knew I'd use it a lot, so it's worth it for me. The double pump is faster and more effective, if you don't mind the money (if you don't have to use formula, it's a good way to justify the cost of the pump too). Anyways, I think the most important thing is to keep pumping regularly to increase your supply and get your body use to letting down to the pump. kellymom has a lot of good tips on pumping too. (bring pictures of the baby to look at, etc)
good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts