Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week my 5 1/2 year old swallowed a quarter...they did an xray that day to make sure it got past one certain point that could've caused problems (I have issues with it, but that's neither here nor there at this point), After a week of screening his stool, it still hasn't passed. We had another Xray today to see where it is. The doc hasn't called yet to discuss it with me, but I got it out of the tech that it's still in there. Does anyone have any idea what will happen next? What should I do? Is there anything I can do to help it come through? I am waiting for more info from the doc but I'd like to have some ideas of what I can do that may or may not be a bit less invasive than they may suggest. Thanks so much!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
(((HUGS))) I don't have any advice, but I feel for you! I hope it passes on its own. Please keep us updated!<br><br>
You are lucky it ended up in his intestines though and not lodged in his throat. This whole experience must be a nightmare for you both!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the quarter is still in the top part of the stomach. They want to wait until Friday, do another xray, and then go in and take it out. He would be put under anesthesia and they'd use a laproscope w/ a little grabber thing and a camera to pull it out back up through his esophogus. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so freaked out by all of this! I think I will wait for more than two days for another xray, but it sounds like this is the only thing I can do. (I talked to three doctors.) Yuck...
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top