Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been planning on hosting the bead swap, and understand that there may be some concern over the fact that I'm a new member to MDC. I wanted to check in with you guys about that, and figure out how to proceed from here.

First, I wanted to clarify that while I'm new to MDC, I'm not at all new to online trading and selling. I was a moderator at amitymama.com's market forum for almost 4 years, and a trade mediator and administrator for the last half of that. My transaction feedback thread is located here: http://www.amitymama.com/vb/transact...ight=StarBelly

Given that, if you'd still prefer to have a more seasoned MDCer hosting, I'm completely fine with that. It won't be an issue for me at all.

I'm also comfortable hosting if all participants will agree to send *only* SASE padded mailers for return shipping--I won't be willing to send the beads back in plain white envelopes--the possiblity that your packages may arrive damaged is just too great and I don't want responsibility for that situation.

So...what shall we do? I'd like to get this settled so we can get the swap rolling.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'm comfortable with you hosting, and I totally agree about using padded envelopes only. It all sounds great to me. Thanks again for doing this. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I am fine with you hosting and a padded SASE will be on its way to you as soon as we get this going!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I didn't know you are an Amity Mama! My best friend is too

No problem. Gonna get my beads together this weekend.

ND

·
Registered
891 Posts
Not only am I fine with Bunny hosting, I can vouch that I know her from another board where she is held in high esteem.

I'm fine with the padded SASE mailers or with the paypal. Either way works for me. I went and bought my beads yesterday.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I thought we were going to use Paypal for exact shipping? I'd prefer it that way. I'm really bad at guesstimating weight on packages and shipping amounts, etc.

Other than that, I don't mind sending my own padded envelope or that Bunny is hosting. Thanks!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
happydoulamama, it should be the same shipping as the original package you're sending plus an extra stamp just in case. However, if you want to do yours with paypal, I'm ok with it. If packages don't have SASE padded mailers, I'll purchase mailers for those and let the individuals know their shipping totals.

·
Registered
621 Posts
wow...I never had one concern over you hosting it. FWIW, I've seen even some old time members end up not being so honest with swaps. Anyway, that said, I have no problem with you hosting the bead swap and I am ready to get the ball rolling too. Im insanely busy these days so I don't always check this board everyday but I will subscribe to the thread for updates!

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'll be sending mine off next week.

As for the message you'd like to add, if you're sending the beads to Cami just make 19 copies of the message & put it in with the beads. If you're going to have them sent directly to her from an auction, just send them by the 15th.

Shannon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts