Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,218 Posts
I am also alergic to latex and my dh has to remind doctors every time about it. They just automatically go for the latex gloves. I had a hb with ds, but this time I am going to the hospital because I am having twins and I really worry about it. Even if she does have a hb, I would still go into the hospital and talk to them more about this & what would happen in an emergency. It could be deadly if she was in a bad car accident or something and they did surgery with all latex stuff. As far as convincing dh, I think taking him to an appointment with a mw is the best way to convince a reluctant hubby. The difference between going to a doctor and midwife is huge and he should realize this if he has gone to both. She will be able to talk to him about safety also, if that is his worry.

· Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cathicog
Is there anyway you might be able to hb with your twins? It would probably be much safer! There are many midwives who would hb twins, and are good at it...
There are none that are close enough to me that will do twins. The closest I have found is about 4 hours and she said no because she did not think she would make it in time. In her experience twins come really fast and she did not feel comfortable with a 4 hour drive. I have a great mw that delivered ds and she will be there with me at home durring labor and at the hospital when they are born. I completely agree being at home is the safest place for us, but I can't find a mw and I don't want to do a UC with twins.

· Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cathicog
Oh, OK. That sounds like a good plan...I know UC with twins for some people would be too much...but it sounds like you have a great plan in place- keep us posted, OK, and we can celebrate with you!

I actually have found a mw that will come from about 5 hours away, and if she doesn't make it, oh well! I am really excited now and feeling much better about the birth of these babies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.