Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all,
I just need some reassurance here...Last night I had some spotting. Not bright red blood, just some darkish pink mucus (sorry if TMI). I had a very hectic day and had the spotting when I got home around 5 last night. It seemed to stop over night and is back, maybe a bit less, but it's hard to tell. I am constantly going to the bathroom to check any hint of moisture down there...and I am becoming paranoid. I really want this baby and don't feel like emotionally I could stand to lose another right now. (FTR, I lost two pregnancies b/f I had my son, so it is hard NOT to freak out about this!)

I had just come to peace with having this baby and was getting really excited about it. I don't want to lose the baby and I know plenty of women have some spotting and continue a successful pregnancy. Are there any of you out there? I'd love some reassurance from anyone and everyone, especially mamas who have BTDT.

I can't "take it easy" as I have to work today and tomorrow. And life is just crazy at the moment- I feel very overwhelmed. I've *just* gone back to work 2 days/week, but will work four days next week, house is up for sale (constant battle to keep it clean) had a mole biopsy two weeks ago that came back with atypical results & have to have that cut out by a plastic surgeon, the holiday on Thursday, turning 30 in two days etc, etc and now..SPOTTING!
: I am on overload. I think I need to meditate or something.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'm sorry, I know that is so stressful!

With my son's pregnancy, I had a subchorionic hemorrhage, and all was fine. I actually had minimal spotting with that, but it could have been quite a bit of bleeding--the blood just happened to stay contained behind the placenta.

With this pregnancy, I had some spotting three weeks ago--two days of very light pink mucous, and then a decent amount of brown a vew days later (not a lot, but enough that I used a pantiliner and was obsessive for a few days about wiping and checking). I'm too early to hear a heartbeat with doppler (7.5 weeks), and I haven't had an u/s to know that all is going well, but since it's been a few weeks and nothing else has happened, I'm feeling good about it again. I am not positive that the baby is healthy (are we *ever* positive about that?!), but everything is still "in there". Looking forward to hearing the heartbeat!!! I'm not sure how reassuring that story is, but at least I know that a little spotting didn't lead to immediate m/c.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have had some light spotting off and on over the last week too - mine has been browinish in color and a little mucousy... so I know what you are going through - there was a thread in the "i'm pregnant" section on when spotting is ok - you can search for that - it had a lot of great positive stories of women who were spotting and even bleeding heavily and went on to deliver healthy babies...
s to you and
to us both....
How are your other symptoms? I am taking reassurance that I am still feeling queasy and my nipples and boobs are still really sore - so outside of the spotting - I still "feel" pg....

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies!
They are reassuring...it's been light pinkish- brownish so I am trying no to worry too much (easier said than done!
) and I am only 6-7 weeks, so haven't heard the heartbeat, had an US, etc, not even an appt with my MW! I need to call her today to make that appt!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChelseaG View Post
How are your other symptoms? I am taking reassurance that I am still feeling queasy and my nipples and boobs are still really sore - so outside of the spotting - I still "feel" pg....
My nipples are a bit sore, but only when my one year old latches on to BF. Other than that just a bit "fuller" than normal. The only queasiness I have is when I change ds's diaper and there's something real gross in it!
Don't you just love that?! It never made me gag before, so oddly enough, I am reassured by that!

to all of us!!
Thanks again for your replies!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Yeah, really my only symptom is poopy-diaper induced queasiness, too. Ewww! Good luck getting in to see the midwife. I'm looking forward to my first appointment, too. Hopefully it will get scheduled today.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac'sMa View Post
HI all,
I just need some reassurance here...Last night I had some spotting. Not bright red blood, just some darkish pink mucus (sorry if TMI). I had a very hectic day and had the spotting when I got home around 5 last night. It seemed to stop over night and is back, maybe a bit less, but it's hard to tell. I am constantly going to the bathroom to check any hint of moisture down there...and I am becoming paranoid. I really want this baby and don't feel like emotionally I could stand to lose another right now. (FTR, I lost two pregnancies b/f I had my son, so it is hard NOT to freak out about this!)

I had just come to peace with having this baby and was getting really excited about it. I don't want to lose the baby and I know plenty of women have some spotting and continue a successful pregnancy. Are there any of you out there? I'd love some reassurance from anyone and everyone, especially mamas who have BTDT.

I can't "take it easy" as I have to work today and tomorrow. And life is just crazy at the moment- I feel very overwhelmed. I've *just* gone back to work 2 days/week, but will work four days next week, house is up for sale (constant battle to keep it clean) had a mole biopsy two weeks ago that came back with atypical results & have to have that cut out by a plastic surgeon, the holiday on Thursday, turning 30 in two days etc, etc and now..SPOTTING!
: I am on overload. I think I need to meditate or something.

Wishing you all the best with this and hopefully it turns out better than me, my spotting and problems were confirmed with a drop in HCG today and I will be on m/c # 2.

I'll be thinking positive for you!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had heavy bright red bleeding four or five times with DS and he’s running around downstairs banging his hammer and playing with his Daddy as we speak. I know bleeding is not normal, but it is very common and it usually works out just fine. It sounds like you have lots going on. I would clear your schedule and put your feet up. Everything else can wait.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update!
Went to see my MW this morning. She is so wonderful. What she had to say was not really reassuring as she is very frank about the possiblities, but she says it so nicely, ykwim? Then she gave me a big hug as I teared up thinking about losing the baby.

She said that the uterus feels "about the right size" for the 6-7 weeks I believe I am. Hopefully this means no ectopic. She did a blood draw and I'll have another tomorrow so there will be hcg numbers to compare. I'll also have an ultrasound tomorrow, so maybe I'll know more then.

For now, the spotting has gotten a bit heavier and is getting pinker/more red than brown. I truly have the feeling that this baby was not meant to be and that make me very sad.

Please send me some sticky vibes, y'all!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac'sMa View Post
Update!
Went to see my MW this morning. She is so wonderful. What she had to say was not really reassuring as she is very frank about the possiblities, but she says it so nicely, ykwim? Then she gave me a big hug as I teared up thinking about losing the baby.

She said that the uterus feels "about the right size" for the 6-7 weeks I believe I am. Hopefully this means no ectopic. She did a blood draw and I'll have another tomorrow so there will be hcg numbers to compare. I'll also have an ultrasound tomorrow, so maybe I'll know more then.

For now, the spotting has gotten a bit heavier and is getting pinker/more red than brown. I truly have the feeling that this baby was not meant to be and that make me very sad.

Please send me some sticky vibes, y'all!

Hey,

How is everything today? better??

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi all!
well, today was not any better. Worse, in fact. Last night I started bleeding more and by this morning it was bright red. I talked to my MW who thought I should go in for the ultrasound anyway. So, I spent my birthday with an ultrasound wand in my hoo-hoo and getting my blood drawn. Great, huh?

I now have a headache from crying so much. The US revealed a blighted ovum and a cyst on each ovary and one in the endometrium. I seriously doubt this as I am thirty and have never had a cyst or any other reproductive issues and am not overweight. (PCOS is more common if you're overweight...) The US tech said it looked like a lot of "very ripe, very plump follicles on my ovaries. She asked if I had been on fertility meds, clomid, etc. (NO) or if I'd ever been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries (again, NO). I thought maybe the follicles have been maturing but not rupturing since I am still breastfeeding my one year old. I've only had three periods since he's been born...My MW thought this sounded feasible and said sometimes cysts are not cysts but something else (can't remember what ATM. Anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

Apparently they could not R/O an ectopic on the US, but I've not had any abdominal pain and only mild cramping. My MW said she doubts an ectopic pg based on the physical exam yesterday. The blighted ovum was not even big enough to measure according to the tech. Her bedside manner left a lot to be desired, so to top off the bad news, I had to deal with her nasty attitude.
:

So, I guess that's it. I'm done. My body has let go. I am feeling really sad b/c even though this baby was a "surprise" I did want it. Last time I m/c it was before my son was born. Even though it's hard to chase after a one year old when I'm feeling like this, it makes me very happy to spend time with him and I'm especially enjoying nursing him.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts