·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<p>.......</p>

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
<p>I have two healthy kids and bled with both.  With number one, it was likely low progesterone and I spotted and sometimes bled from week six through thirteen. With number two, I had an sch at 8 weeks that caused bleeding and then a low lying placenta that caused bleeding as well (not spotting).  I had some on and off stuff in between too.  Wishing you the best.  It definitely sucks the joy out of a pregnancy.  I felt so certain ds2 was never going to make it.  So so certain of that.  And here I am holding his perfect sleeping body in my arms. Hang in there...</p>

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
<p>I spotted at 4 weeks and 8 weeks and all out bled at 13 weeks and that baby is about to turn 9. It can happen. </p>

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<p>...........</p>

·
Registered
98 Posts
I spotted with both my healthy pregnancies too. I also had terrible cramping. My oldest is 6 and I'm due to have my second any time now. Rest, breathe and talk to your baby.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<p>......</p>

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
<p>I had way more than spotting this pregnancy--I had a full-on massive bleed around 7w, which has happened several times again since (less heavily, but still more than spotting). It was terrifying, and I couldn't see how I wasn't losing the baby: it was a LOT of blood. My MW got me in for an ultrasound that morning, and we saw a beating heart and no active bleeding in the uterus. Since then I've had another ultrasound, which showed a healthy baby growing ahead of schedule, and have heard the heartbeat on the Doppler every few weeks, though the bleeding/spotting continues. I suspect my bleeding is cervical, though it's astonishing that that much blood could have come from the cervix.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So yes--it's possible! I never bled with any of my two previous pregnancies, FWIW. Sending strength and sticky baby vibes your way!</p>

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<p>.......</p>

·
Registered
773 Posts
<p>I'm chiming in with another spotting but it turned out all right story.  I had spotting at 3 weeks, 8 weeks, 16-18 weeks, 20 weeks and then bleeding and spotting at 29 weeks through my emergency c-section at 36 weeks.  Initially it was implantation bleeding, then a subchorionic hematoma and then due to my complete placenta previa.<br>
 </p>
<p>It was incredibly stressful but we made it and I'm sitting here nursing my DD!  I did tons of research and it seems like 1st trimester spotting is very common.  I also found a thread on this board entitled something like "When spotting turned out ok" which was very comforting. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Are you going to have an ultrasound?  At 6 weeks you could see the heartbeat which would be reassuring.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck!</p>

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<p>.........</p>

·
Registered
548 Posts
<p>Spotted for 1-2 days (pink/red) at around 5 weeks with #1, was born at a healthy 12lbs!</p>
<p>Cramped and bled (much more than spotting) around 6 weeks with #3, another healthy child.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Spotting has only occurred for me in my healthy, full term pregnancies. </p>

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
<p>1st trimester with my almost 12yo son.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I think my ob handbook said something like 25 percent of women doing this.</p>

·
Registered
320 Posts
<p>I had a small amount of bright red blood with DD who is now 2 at 5 weeks. I had low progesterone, so they started supplementing me with suppositories. That did the trick, and I had no other problems.</p>

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<p>.............</p>

·
Registered
92 Posts
<p>I spotted with my first pregnancy every couple of weeks maybe 8 months.  It would always be just a little bit and then totally disappear.  It made me crazy but didn't end up having any effect.  Good luck.</p>

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
<p>I had cervical bleeding at 10.5 weeks and now have my twins still in my womb at 20 weeks 2 days.</p>

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
<p>I am not 100% on the dates but they are pretty close regardless.  I had it for some days at around 9-10 weeks (brown) and also at around 14-15 weeks (bright red and small tissue like material) for a few days and some brown before the red for a couple days.  At a scan checking for problems at 18 weeks I was found to have a possible clot and some internal bleeding and was asked if I was still bleeding or seeing any blood.  I have some other things going on pregnancy health wise so I go to the doctor often, get shots, and have restrictions on activity.  Baby has looked great at every scan. </p>
<p> </p>

1 - 20 of 31 Posts