Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our baby has outgrown his NB/Small diaper covers and fitted diapers. I haven't had much trouble getting rid of his outgrown or unwanted clothes and toys, but for some reason I'm feeling really hoardy when it comes to his diaper stuff. I'm not sure why. Because these are things I bought/made myself, as opposed to his clothes/toys, which were mostly gifts? Because the explicit purpose (for our family) of CDing is to be less wasteful, so getting rid of them after one baby feels wasteful to me? Argh.<br><br>
But they're just sitting here, taking up space. And who knows when we'll have another baby - meanwhile, they're not being used, the clock is ticking on the elastic, some other family could get good use out of them right now, etc. So intellectually, I know I should get rid of them. I know that if I have another baby and need new cloth diapers, I can buy or make them at that point. I know all of that. And yet I'm having a hard time letting them go. It's pretty ridiculous!<br><br>
I want to pass them on to a family who would get good use out of them, but how? I don't really want to deal with the hassle of selling them, but - and this is not rational, I know - I kind of worry that if I just give them to someone on craigslist, gratis, that person won't actually use them, they'll just sit in their garage until they end up throwing them out.<br><br>
(I know, not rational. Once I pass something on, it's none of my business what someone does with it.)<br><br>
Help? I don't know why this is making me so hoardy and emotional and weird.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Post them here on the trading post. Or, sell them to me! I just gave up newborn prefolds because they kept leaking. I think fitteds might be OK, but I haven't really invested in them. I used fitteds with my other daughter but she was over a year when I started with cloth, so I bought larger sizes.<br><br>
Also, when I feel "clutchy" about things I limit myself to keeping one or 2 favorites. Would it work for you to keep 3 favorite dipes or covers as a memento?

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Or look in the diapering forum. There's a lady there with Gerber prefolds and wondering why they aren't working so well. I'm sure you can find just the right person to box up your diapers and gift them too. It does help if you feel some sort of connection to the person. I held onto my larger cloth diapers for a long time. I really liked those kissaluvs.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Haha, I was going to say... Sell them to meeeee!<br><br>
Basically, selling them should be easy, not a hassle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts