I don't need any more collars or leads.

Sigh. I think I have a fetish. Or obsession. Or whatever. I collect collars and leads like some women collect shoes or handbags. Burner has 2 handmade GORGEOUS martingale collars. Austin has a custom made 3 inch wide ribbon martingale with dangly beads (turns heads everywhere he goes...some say it's girly, but my boy doesn't care.
)

I have 2 handmade kangaroo leather show leads, and one show lead/choke combo.

My husband thinks I'm nuts. I don't need any more collars or leads.

But look at them!!

http://www.masterspride.com/Collars.htm

http://situpnbeg.com/collars.html
Burner already has a collar from this lady. It doesn't help that I see her booth at every single dog show I go to, and she's soooo super sweet, and she has the most precious Italian Greyhounds, and also that I would LOOOVVE to get Austin and Burner a matching set of collars.

Sigh. Please talk me out of it! Please?? DH will kill me.
:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Those are gorgeous!!!!!

You need more collars and leads.

: Ok, I am not helping
. Maybe let them "accidently" roll around in the mud in their old collars or something.
:

Alright fine, what is the worse that will happen if you don't get them?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh wow. They need tag collars. Yep, I need to get them collars to wear all the time, and I absolutely adore those fabric collars. Thank you!

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
OMG, THANKSSSSSSSSSS...you HAD to post these links! I just bought a few collors and leads for Dakota today at Pet Supplies Plus...it IS addictive, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THANK YOU!!!
:

I just found those Maasai collars today. Methinks I will look for an online exchange calculator to find out how much they cost.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Potty Diva View Post
ok, I cannot talk you outta of these, no way.

If my kitties are inside can I get these?
http://www.moderntails.com/dog-cats-cat-collars/

I'm actually thinking of making them each a necklace.
those are so precious. Would you think I was a nerd if I told you I made necklaces with bells for my horses?

I like to think it scares away the critters on the trail, before they can scare my horses away

·
Registered
6,938 Posts

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Oh I can't stand break away and would only use them if they went outside. Break aways are a waste of money in this house. They never stay on, the kitties know how to get them off. Literally, in 5 minutes. We have 5 break aways and they just are no good for indoor kitties

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Quote:

We have 5 break aways and they just are no good for indoor kitties

For us, it is breakaway or no collar. My mom once found a cat (not hers) hung and dead by its collar inside a church . . .

There are plenty of places in our house an accident like that could happen (kitty door, blinds, going under a bed), so I won't chance it. Our cats are microchipped, so if the collars don't work out (so far, so good) we'll just go to no collar.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
We don't use collars now and my post should have said "no break aways UNLESS they go outside (which they don't).

We'll stick with no collars. I'm into spending money that is just going to be wasted, ya know?

The collar would have just been a fashion statement

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Quote:

We don't use collars now and my post should have said "no break aways UNLESS they go outside (which they don't).

We'll stick with no collars. I'm into spending money that is just going to be wasted, ya know?

The collar would have just been a fashion statement

Yeah-- my friend had the same problem with her breakaway collar. I am waiting to order the tags for these collars in case they end up being the same in terms of coming off all the time. I wouldn't even get a collar but my newest cat is so curious that I fear for him getting out . . .he's the one I worry about! And he's so friendly that I am afraid someone would want to keep him. That's why, if the collar thing works, I am getting the tag to say "I'm lost!" and "Need medication" (even though he does not).

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Could one of you leash fetishists tell me where I can find a 3' or 6' lead with a braided leather grip? I had a nice one (1" webbing/tape, braided grip, 6', brass snaphook), but it got caught in the car door. No, the dog was NOT attached when that happened.
:

Anyhow, I'm having a heck of a time finding similar lead. Any suggestions?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.