Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>DD (2.5) and I both have something that I initially thought was HFMS, but now I'm not so sure. I'd love to hear from other mamas who have gone through it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We spent Thanksgiving with a friend whose little boy was just finishing up a bad cold. At one point, DD drank from the wrong sippy (we had been keeping the two of them apart) and four or five days ago, she got sick. The little boy did not have any blisters, spots or marks on his body. He had what I thought was a blister on his lip, but his mom says that it absolutely was not a blister, that he fell and busted his lip (poor baby!).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So the night she got sick, she had a fever of 101 for about 24 hours. No other symptoms and she seemed to feel fine, she was just hot. After 24 hours, the fever was totally gone and she said she felt completely normal. Another 24 hours later, the fever came back, again with no other symptoms. At that point I started getting a tickle in my throat and felt like I was about to come down with something.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Then the next day some spots started showing up on DD. They look like tiny blisters or maybe pimples. They look just like the photos of HFMS except they aren't in the right place. The first ones appeared on her face by her eye - one below her eyebrow, one on her temple and one on her upper cheek. She has another below her armpit. She has one small one on the palm of her hand but otherwise, nothing inside her mouth, around her mouth or on her feet. Except for the one on her hand, they are elsewhere.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>There's no more fever, but we both have horribly runny noses (it is purely awful, let me tell ya) and a cough, but it's not bad. There is also a little sneezing. Except for the spots, we both seem to just have a cold.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've ruled out chicken pox because we haven't been around anyone other than the friend and nobody we know has CP. Also, I seem to have the exact same thing (except without the spots) and I have already had CP, so I really think it couldn't be that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have you had HFMS? Did you have spots only on the hands, feet and mouth? Anything else it might be?</p>

·
Registered
173 Posts
My 13 and my 12 year old kids got it along with strep throat. Both had sores in mouth and their fingernails started peeling off a few weeks later. Flat red spots on hands and feet, followed by peeling skin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts