Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Sorry, not sure where this belongs...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>A dear friend just found out she has PCOS. However, she has had 3 kids in less than 5 years. Does anyone know what % of women with PCOS do not suffer from infertility? Is it likely that she will have problems later on, even though she has not had them, yet?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What does she need to know? I remember PCOS being linked to all kinds of things (insuline resistance, at least, right?) So... since I don't think she is planning to reaearch this much further at this point, what is there that she should know?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks so much!</p>

·
Registered
157 Posts
<p>Hi Less, I was diagnosed with PCOS and at the time I was trying to TTC with number 1. My doctor had told me that not all women need help in getting pregnant when they have PCOS. However, since my doctor knew I was trying to TTC she sent me to a fertility clinic anyways. After my investigation period the doctor wasn't even concerned about my PCOS because it wasn't sever. What was his concerned about was my hypo-thyroid. So I don't think your friend should have a problem in the future but then again, I am not a doctor. It is so common in women but they don't know what causes it. I personally think PCOS is connected to birth control pills. I was perfectly fine before I started taking the pill and after 3 years of taking it, I find out I have this condition. I don't know if this helps you but tell your friend I say good luck!</p>

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Thanks!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Personally, I think the pill probably causes all kinds of stuff we don't know of yet. However, this friend has never used any sort of contraception, so it is clear that hers definitely was not caused by the pill.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts