Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do weight watchers.But I am not sure if WW promotes eating junk.I mean anything you can think of you can eat.Say if I wanted fries at MC D...I mean does WW really help?
LOL I hope that came across understandable

· Registered
1,957 Posts
WW won't help/work unless you really make a commitment to it. And yes, with WW you can absolutely have fries at a fast food place- but if you're actually *following* the program you'll only do it every once in a while, not daily.

Basically WW is like a budget for food. You have your points that your allotted, plus your musts (veggies, fruit, dairy) and then you figure out what else you want to eat with the rest of your points.

Of course, that's the old program and I understand that there is a new program... I'm not sure how that one works.

HTH!

· Registered
265 Posts
Actually, WW new materials are definitely promoting healthy eating. You can certainly choose to use your daily or weekly points on junk, but they teach you to make wise food choices. The new materials are very focused on healthy, filling foods. Check out a meeting and see what it's all about.

· Registered
1,345 Posts
i'm doing ww online. i just started about a week ago. it seems ok. you can eat whatever you want, as long as the portion you eat doesn't spend all your points.

of course the healthier things you eat, the more of it you can eat. which seems prettty important. eating a many-point breakfast that wasn't too hearty on my first morning left me hungry and with few points left for the day. i've made it a habit to look up food that i am preparing or may eat out before i actually cook/buy. this way i know what i'm getting into.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.