Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due mid-August 2010 and I refuse to give birth at a hospital (I had a rather traumatic hospital birth in China and I just wouldn't feel comfortable with hospitals or doctors).<br><br>
I will be having a VBAC and although I live in China will be in Iowa during most of the summer (from early July until new baby can get his/her passport and visa).<br><br>
If there is not a suitable homebirth or birthing center option with midwives, I will drive to The Farm in Tennessee but I want to know all of my options.<br><br>
This is what I have found so far:<br><br>
Cosette Boone with Willowsong Midwifery does homebirth exclusively. I have heard that you must be within 30 miles/minutes and I am. I have done some research on the internet and seen that some people have not had good things to say and that some have. Please pm me if you have any experience with her (I'd like to know her prices too).<br><br>
Sheryl Puderbaugh with Heart & Hands Clinic is a name I have seen pop-up but I haven't been able to find anything about her, how she works, location, prices, etc. If you have any reviews, please PM me. \<br><br>
Dana Ericson, CNM - Her website says, "Beginning in January of 2010, Dana will be accepting new clients who desire an out-of-hospital birth." Again, I haven't heard any reviews and her website does not list prices. If you have any experience with her, please PM me.<br><br>
If there are any options I am missing, please let me know.<br><br>
Thanks so much,<br><br>
C

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
that's about it, they all have very differnt styles so it would be a matter of making contact and seeing who is the best fit for you. i think they are all competent midwives. sorry i can't give more details right now. <a href="http://www.friendsofiowamidwives.org/" target="_blank">friends of iowa midwives</a> may be a helpful recourse for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
<p>Hi Gingerbane,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I also live in China and we just found out that we are pregnant with our first child. We have heard horror stories of foreigners giving birth in our city and so we are now leaning more toward going back to the States. My husband is from Iowa and his parents have offered for us to have a home birth at their house. I would love to hear both your difficult China birth story and how things turned out for your subsequent birth in the States. We also just looked into the Farm as we try to find the best option for having a natural birth.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>E</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts