Mothering Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Wanting to be in this section so badly, Just to be pregnant again - just to do it all diffferent?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I feel like a complete loser, I want to TTC but at the moment, it's absolutely not advisable.</p>
<p>I want so much to be here, with you all and to do pregnancy and birth MY way - It's a real obsession now, I want to buy pregnancy tests and such like, I need to really get it into my head that I can never be here for at least 6 months if not more - but how?</p>
<p>I ache to do birth again, the last pregnancy was twins and resulted in an emergency caesarean.</p>
<p>I have had two home births and I want to birth my child again, It's a real desire!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does anyone else feel like me - or am I totally insane for thinking like this?</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
532 Posts
((hugs)) you're most certainly not insane mama. It's totally good and healthy to want to birth your way, and many times having a natural, empowering birth after a traumatic one helps heal the scars.

·
Registered
188 Posts
<p>You are not alone. We are many.</p>

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
You have had a hard journey, maybe your body needs a break for awhile?<br><br>
I do know what you're feeling though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<p>Thanks everyone - I know from past experience that 2 peaceful home births released my 'birth trauma' from the first caesarean I had. I guess it's me wanting to heal myself again :(</p>

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
<p>With DD I had a failed induction result in a c-section, which then resulted in failed breast feeding.  So although it is not the only reason I am TTCing, I am really hopeful of getting a home birth this time around, and successfully breastfeeding my baby. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So no, you are definitely not alone.</p>

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<p>Bless - I hear that story commonly, induction, failing - caesarean - failed breastfeeding!</p>
<p>I tried to warn a friend of her induction, but she didn't listen and I was absolutely gutted to hear that she had to have a caesarean after the induction failed! </p>
<p><br>
Thanks everyone x</p>

·
Registered
598 Posts
<p>For those of you who are planning, or who have had, home births after c-sections, are they unassisted? I have been researching this like crazy and it doesn't seem to be legal <em>anywhere</em>. My first (and only) pregnancy was a planned home birth which resulted in an emergency c-section because my son was breech. I was devastated, but it seems that just to have a VBAC (in a hospital), I have to drive two hours to the nearest hospital that will support one. My wonderful midwives have informed me that they can't even provide prenatal care (in other words, they won't come near me with a ten-foot pole anymore) for anymore of my pregnancies.</p>

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
<p>It varies by state to state, there are different laws on what a CPM or a CNM can do. And yes, in some states it is illegal for them to assist with VBACs. </p>

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
<p>you are NOT alone! </p>
<p><br>
I had a traumatic experience last time as well, after two successful, beautiful homebirths. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So I convinced dh we needed one more, and THIS TIME I am going to think positive!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The more the merrier!</p>

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<p>I'm so glad I don't feel like a freak!</p>
<p>I want one more (and as much as I love my twins, I only want one!)... I want a UB to complete us, but at the moment it will have to be in a few years time!</p>

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
<p>Homebirth vbacs are legal in Oregon, but we have pretty liberal midwifery laws here.</p>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts