Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two and a half year old twin boys are running me ragged. They require constant attention all day and then I can't even get 6 hours of sleep in a row because they each wake up once a night. We used to cosleep but it turned into chaos. Now when they wake up they crawl into bed with me and sometimes they have long wrestling matches at 4AM saying "my mommy". I was so tired an hour ago I tried to lay down while they jumped on top of me and threw toys everywhere. So now i am hiding in the computer room cramming snacksize snicker bars into my mouth. Just typing this makes me feel like an idiot. Somebody please commiserate....

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Hiding shows a good sense of self preservation! My ds used to wake up so many times during the night and always had to have a prolonged nursing session, I honestly don't know why I haven't gone mad. Needing a nap when little ones don't is the worst. I feel like I could handle anything if I only could get enough rest. Now that ds is 4, I'm starting to get little breaks during the day, except he is going off naps. My mom keeps saying ds should have been a twin so that he would have had someone to keep him company and play with, but I know that would have been MUCH more difficult.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts

I found 2.5 to be THE most tiring age physically. My sisters decided they could forgo children for a couple of years upon meeting my ds1 at 2.5.

And you have TWO!!! If you haven't fainted and passed out on the floor already then you should be proud.

So, yeah. Vent away!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
DS is 2.5 and all I love him with all my heart but I feel ragged too. My health is declining and I am just exhausted. I need lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of breaks.

Toddlerhood is very hard for me so you are NOT alone.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Yeah--I feel I am a patient, loving, caring person, and I am sleeping pretty well, and my one 2.5 yr-old can really get to me. I can't imagine two. Hugs to you, mama! You sound like you're doing great!

I hide, too--but I can only disappear for a few seconds and have to be listening--never know what a 2.5-yr-old will do to/with a 7-month old. But I hide, too...

Oh--my 2.5 yr-old is sooo much more difficult than my 7-month-old. And that is only partly personality...

·
Registered
25,599 Posts
Having two 2.5 year olds sounds tough! I've got one, plus a nursing infant, and I feel like I've been running on empty for months.

It will get better...really, it will. I'm lucky, as I've also got a 12-year-old, so I know this stage will end.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Two year olds are exhausting! My son just about killed me at 2, and my daughter now requires so much freakin' energy, it's unreal...and you have twins!!! I don't know how you do it! Just breathe, buy a lot of snickers, and try to get through the next year or so...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Proudmomoftwins
My two and a half year old twin boys are running me ragged. They require constant attention all day and then I can't even get 6 hours of sleep in a row because they each wake up once a night. We used to cosleep but it turned into chaos. Now when they wake up they crawl into bed with me and sometimes they have long wrestling matches at 4AM saying "my mommy". I was so tired an hour ago I tried to lay down while they jumped on top of me and threw toys everywhere. So now i am hiding in the computer room cramming snacksize snicker bars into my mouth. Just typing this makes me feel like an idiot. Somebody please commiserate....
I seriously thought I might die before my boys made it to age 4. Now they'll be 6 in about three months and I can't believe it. Hang in there mama, it does get better!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Toddler age happens to be my favorite age cuz I love the challenge. I wa s adaycare teacher before a om. That being said, theer are certainly days I want to stuff my son in a crate and mail him to gaum. LOL You are sooooo not alone in feeling overwhelmed. I have two spirited boys and if I get 6 hours of sleep at night I cnsider myself lucky. It can be so tiring and frusturating. My oldest is almost 5 now and things realy have levelled out in alot of teh big areas liek sleep and communication. It really DOES get easier.
And being the mom of twins....you EARNED those snickers. LOL
Tonia

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a three yr old girl
, a 20 mo. old girl
and a three month old girl
Lets just say I truly relate, by the end of the day I'm exshausted but so happy to have half an hour to think with out having to concentrate on a patience mantra that I can't sleep

·
Registered
11,593 Posts
Bless you, mama. I remember the 2 1/2 year old days with my DS and cannot *fathom* what it would have been like some days if I would have had TWO of them. You are a stronger woman than me, that's for sure! I hope you get some much-needed rest very soon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.