Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I want to bf my ds as long as I can, so any tips for keeping up my supply as long as possible? Ds still nurses about oh every 2-3 hours, even at night, he sleeps with us. He has shown frustration in the last few days, wanting to switch sides back and forth, so I'm afraid my supply is already dropping.
guilty.gif
He is not a great eater when it comes to solid foods, a few bites here and there, but he loves his mama's milk so I haven't worried in the past. He is on the skinny side, but in the 30% so not too bad, but I do worry about him getting enough calories. Any help would be greatly appriciated!
orngbiggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I've been pregnant three times with a young nursing baby/toddler. I supplemented with formula once because ds2 was only 5 months when I got preg with dd and my supply tanks at 13 weeks. With my other two, they were 12 months and 10 months when I go preg with the next babe. They both adapted and continued to nurse in spite of no supply. I didn't supplement or give bottles of milk, but that is certainly an option for you if you LO isn't so into table food. I honestly never worried about my older babes - they adapted to eating a wider variety than they had been and continued nursing after the new baby was born.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
My ds was 12 months when I got pg with dd. He also was a frequent round the clock nurser. He did get frustrated with the reduction in supply and would want to nurse every 10 minutes. I was feeling very touched out so told him every other time he nursed "no you are ok" and would cuddle him and when he asked 10 minutes later I would nurse him. He stopped nursing for a few weeks before she was born (I pretty much had no milk at that point) but he started up after she was born and didn't fully wean till around 3 1/2yo.

You can do it. I tried oatmeal in the beginning and then realized it is a hormonal thing and nothing I could do would help. I was SO hungry and thirsty I was eating all.the.time. and loosing weight. (I was over weight so not a problem.) It will all work out in the end. You can do it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.