Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see in other threads of this subforum, an article as been writen about the Babytalk Magzine. Babytalk has been getting a lot of negative feedback, so I think it is up to us to make sure that they get MORE positive feedback then negative!

Here is thier feedbck link, and the letter that I wrote:

[email protected]

Dear Baby Talk Magazine,
Thank you SO much for putting such a beautiful picture on the cover of your August issue. It is so refreshing to see a popular magazine support breastfeeding. I know that you are getting a lot of negative feedback, but don't listen to them! Your August cover is wonderful, and it made me so happy to see it!
-Katie P---
Nursing mother of a 5 month old

I think that it is important for us to support publications when they show breastfeeding in such a positive light!

·
Banned
2,411 Posts
Here's mine.

Thank you so very much for your Aug cover depicting a baby nursing. It is so wonderful to see a more mainstream publication proudly displaying a nursing mom and baby on their cover. Hopefully with continued exposure such as this nursing and nursing in public will become more widely accepted in this country. Once again, thank you so much for your beautiful cover.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I sent one! I also suggested they feature more articles on breastfeeding.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
My letter (just emailed - thanks for the address)

Thank you so much for the beautiful cover of a lovely baby looking lovingly at his mama. I showed it to my husband who replied, "what a cute baby! and our son looks at you like that when he is nursing, you know."

Congratulations for being so forward thinking and appreciative of such a loving moment between mama and baby.

Siobhan

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks, I emailed!

Dear Babytalk,

Thank you so much for your beautiful August cover showing a happy, beautiful BREASTFEEDING baby! As a mother who cares deeply about breastfeeding, I wish more magazines had the courage to support and highlight breastfeeding on their covers and in their magazines. I am aware that you have received many letters opposing your choice for the cover but please realize that so many moms DO appreciate your decision and are thrilled to see a nursing baby given the spotlight. In our culture where images of bottlefeeding are so rampant, we NEED more images like this. The choice to breastfeed is an important and legitimate choice that deserves exposure that is at least equal to what formula feeding receives. Thank you for choosing to appeal to ALL mothers.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
here's my letter!

Dear Baby Talk,

As a mother of a new baby son, I recieved a subscription to your magazine while pregnant. I planned on breastfeeding, since it was a normal thing for me to see my own mother nursing my younger brothers and sisters while growing up. I remember thinking it was a little sad that there were so many formula advertisements in your magazine, and then I was so pleased to see a beautiful photo of a nursing baby on your newest cover. Kudos to you guys! You have captured the innocence at the breast on the face of a child who has every right to be there. Thank you for giving babies back their breasts, and women back their pride. Breasts are for breastfeeding, there is nothing shameful about it. Men are indeed visual, and every curve of a woman's body has the potential to be erotic and beautiful from the nape of her neck to the curve of her belly, and those body parts should be no more punished and shamed from the light of day because they may have their place in a sexual experience. Thank you again for showcasing such a beautiful and normal, natural event on your magazine cover. You have my family's wholehearted support.

Sincerely,
Sarah

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Quote:
Your August cover of a breastfeeding baby was so beautiful and significant. I applaud you for unapologetically displaying the natural, optimal way to feed an infant. I know that some women cannot breastfeed and my heart goes out to them, but hopefully those who choose not to will feel encouraged by your support.

Thank you!

Alisa Terry, Springville, UT
Public Breastfeeder of an 8 Month Old
This was my letter

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here is mine

I would love to commend you on the cover of your August Magazine. Americans need to get over the thoughts that BREAST are for sex only. I am a breastfeeding mom of a 7 month old little girl and I so pray that veiws change by the time she becomes a parent. I breastfeed her anywhere and everywhere and I do so discreetly but I am always aware of the possibility of a conflict that may present itself while I feed my daughter. I for one would not and will not stand for it when it does. I hope your cover allows more women to not only breastfeed but to feel comfortable doing so wherever they are at. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts