Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ds, who will be three in January, was doing pretty well at going on the potty for a while a couple months ago. Then, my husband left to start a new job (we were a weekend family for a month) and now we just moved to join him a week ago. Sweet ds keeps asking to wear underpants this week, so we are letting him, but we are the ones making sure he gets to the potty (he hasn't asked to go once) and is continually wetting.

Do I continue to put underpants on him? He doesn't want to wear a diaper, but he wants to use his underpants like a diaper. I am sick of cleaning up so many times a day. I don't want to force him into a diaper if he thinks he really wants to go on the potty, but I want him to actually go on the potty. I'm thinking this is too much transition for him, but if he wants to get it maybe he will in another day or so? I'm at a loss.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Do you have any nylon pullon diaper covers you could put over the undies? It might slow it down, but won't keep everything dry... but it might help.

I would NOT put him back in diapers, no matter what. He just moved! He is probably getting used to everything new, and that takes time. I bet in a few weeks he will be back to getting to the potty.

I might introduce a new motivation... did you do a candy reward or anything for potty learning? Maybe a jelly bean when he makes it to the potty, or a fun activity you can do if he is dry all day... some new thing to keep him interested and ride out the move and everything new. hth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.