Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I really need to get my dd in for pictures. I live in Fridley. Can anyone recommend a portrait studio. I heard of one a while back that did pictures with baby bunnies and ducks this time of year. Anyone heard of anyone like that? Or just a generally good place?

(We haven't done her pictures since she was 9 mo old because proex was so bad)

thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
ok, this is probably not at all what you are looking for, but we have actually liked the JC Penny studio in the Southdale mall. We have been there twice and had the same woman both times (though I don't remember her name) and she was very nice and patient, and was supportive of a breastfeeding break in the middle of the session. We also were able to spend very little money because we used one of the numerous coupon deals you can find on their website and in the mail and we stayed away from a lot of the "extras".

With any of the chain-type places, it probably depends a lot on the person. We also took the last time slot in the day and maybe that made things seem calmer.

This summer I think we will hire an artsy photographer to do some outdoor, candid shots. But I'm sure that will cost quite a bit more!

·
Registered
84 Posts
:

I had a friend who used Target with her 6 month old. Best value for your dollar. She said they were great and that there's no point paying any more anywhere else. Her pics turned out great I thought!

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
i'm in duluth, but my mom (who lives in the twin cities) and sil (who used to) have taken my niece and nephew and my two kids to a ton of different portrait studios all over the twin cities, ranging from super cheap to the spendy places. nothing is as good as hiring an independent photographer. they do a way better job than any studio, and while it costs more than going to target/wal-mart, it's generally cheaper (sometimes a LOT cheaper) than a "better quality" studio. plus they come to you (or wherever you want the photos done) and you can often buy a CD of the photos so you then have the rights to them. i can't see myself ever going to a studio again.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
My girlfriend just started her own photography business and travels to you and she has a special right now for digital photos and gives you a copy of everything on cd for one price. PM me for details.

Otherwise there's a fantastic formal traditional photography studio in Cambridge which is 23 min. N of Fridley. It's on main street and is family owned. They do a children's special twice a year that has really good prices for the high quality portraits. It's called Carlson's Photography.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.