Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mamas<br><br>
DS is 6 mos and I have had very few nursing probs this time around, thank goodness. I have low supply that seems to come with my period and for which I take dom. DH nd I have tickets to see John Hiatt tonight!!! Yeah! I haven't been to a concert in years and I am very excited. I decided to take some dom to increase supply so I could pump a bit and leave DS home (worried about the loud noise and his little ears). I am usually unable to pump, but in the last three days, I have gotten 4 oz which is a huge success for me!<br><br>
The bad news is I know have a blister type thing on one of the ducts on my aereola on my right side. Just now after my shower, I noticed a red streak from that spot, zig zagging back about two inches. I don't feel tired, run down, or otherwise sick. No fever. Is this just a plugged duct, or do I have the beginnings of mastitis? I so don't want to miss this concert tonight! It doesn't hurt at all when I nurse, nor when I am in a supportive bra. It does hurt when I pump, but I don'thave to do that again. Should I put on a looser bra? I currently have on an underwire (i know they are not recommended, but I have really saggy breasts and this bra gives me so much support! I haven't had a problem with this brand of bra in the two years I have been wearing it, since nursing DS #2).<br><br>
Any ideas on treatment? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!<br><br>
K

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would put some polysporin on that blister, three times a day until it heals (wipe off before you nurse your child). It's probably from the pump if you're not used to pumping. If you don't have any feeling of lumpiness or any pain, you probably don't have a plugged duct. If you don't have any flu like symptoms, you don't have mastitis. This sounds like just a blister to me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i don't know what it is called, but i have gotten things on the nipple that sound like what you are describing. i would lean over a bowl of warm water (boob in the water) as many times a day as i could and then nurse afterwords to pull the milk through. if it hurts lansinoh would be good maybe? just keep nursing on that side. i don't think you need to miss the concert if you are feeling well, but i would make sure to rest the next day as much as possible just in case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts