Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I am block feeding - usually every 5-6 hours or so per breast.  I have OAL and oversupply issues.  I now have a plugged duct in my right breast.  I started feeding on that side a ton, but now my left breast is engorged and I'm fearing a plugged duct in that one.  Any suggestions?  :(  I'm starting to get fever-y and achy.  </p>

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
<p>When that happened to me, I nursed on the plugged side and pumped the non-plugged side so I didn't get plugged ducts there. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Feel better soon!</p>

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
<p>When I was block feeding, I got a plug too.  I put cabbage leaves in the bra, took some lecithin, and nursed like crazy on the plugged side.   Hope you feel better soon!</p>

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>Well, just an update:  The plugged duct quickly turned into mastitis.  I was running an almost 104 fever.  I nursed/pumped/rested around the clock and the plugged duct would not come loose. I ended up soaking/massaging the breast under hot water.  I then "nursed" my husband on all fours.  He drained and massaged me and it finally worked!  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>As for the infection, I started eating raw garlic all day.  Every few hours, I'd cut up a clove and swallow with a glass of grape juice.  My infection went away!  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So glad to avoid antibiotics as they do a number on my intestinal track.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for the help.</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts