Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sick and tired of the rash I keep getting from chemical-laden disposable pads.
: So,I've decided to take the pluge and buy some cloth pads. So...

Can you help me find what I want? What works for you? What things should I look for?

I'm looking for a TRIM pad. I've used "ultra-thin" for YEARS because I despise the bulk.
I'm looking for some panty liners that I can wear between cycles.
I'm looking for pads that will be comfy and not prone to leakage?

Is that too much to ask??
TIA for any suggestions.

P.S. I'm also considering a diva cup.
But,I still need cloth as I prefer pads and would mostly be using the diva for long outings or swimming.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I've not tried out much yet, but I have found that all of the "wrap around style" pads I've tried are BULKY. They don't seem to have long enough wings (and I wear bikini's and am a size 4, so it's not just MY panites I'm sure) so they end up rolling over onto themselves (creating almost a tube-like effect if that makes any sense?), which I found uncomfy. I tried Kristens cloth, Goddess moons (AWFUL - shrank something terrible - almost 2 inches!!) and Lunapads maxi pad. I was also used to ultrathins or tampons with liners only so I'd assume or "taste" to be similar. I am next going to try some without wings to see how I like these.

I received a sample of a new style from Lunapads (not yet on the market) that I LOVE
but I'm not sure whether they will have a waterproof barrier or not. For keeper backup or light days, their lunapanties are super comfy! (but pricey
)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I really like my rhythm and blues fleece pads. I also use gladgrags, but only when I'm out of the others (they wiggle around and the cotton stiffens over time). One nice thing about glad rags is their postpartum/overnight pads. Those are really thick and long, and were my favorite postpartum pads, since they absorbed and covered more.The rhythm and blues come in slender/teen sizes, as well as longer thin pads. I like them because of the size differences.
The fleece is also super comfy...

Lunapanties may be what you would want, but yes - they do cost a pretty penny...they are however, fairly easy to make if you sew.

I've been using cloth pads for three years, and will never go back to disposable anything! They're so much more comfortable to me...

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just tried my MOE ones.....And while they were much nicer on my girl parts than what I was using, they too felt VERY bulky.

If anybody finds any that are trim, PLEASE post it!!! I really want to use cloth, but the MOE ones were noticeably thick, and almost too thick for me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just tried my Sweet Cheeks pads for the first time. They are super soft, and don't seem to be too thick... although I am new at this and really don't have anything to compare them too.

I also began using The Keeper last month and LOOOOOOVE it. I was very frustrated the first day, as I had a hard time getting it in. Am I ever glad that I stuck with it! By the end of day 2, I was an expert and it was the best decision I ever made! I am wearing the pads at night, and The Keeper during the day...

I am sooo happy I found this board. Now, I don't have to dread dealing with tampons, and worrying about TOS.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your replies.

I'm sorry to hear the MOE are thick,as they advertised they were truly thin(and I was seriously leaning in the direction of buying those!). I guess I'll keep searching!

Any other suggestions? Links to products you've used?

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bear's Mama
Any other suggestions? Links to products you've used?

I
my ladyglow pads from Hidden Pearl Creations. They're sooo soft and comfy. The overnight pads I have are definitely thicker than the panty-liners, but still way more comfortable than plastic ones. And they don't feel all that different from the ultra-thin pads I used to use - except I just don't notice them. Now, if you fold up and infant prefold into 4ths and use that as a pad, that's bulky. Let me know if you want to see a photo of them, I have yet to take a photo for my photo site.

I've also got a diva cup (from Mama Essentials). Even my first af with it, I didn't leak. Even though I'm still working on getting it back in quickly. It takes some practice. And I had to cut off the tail, otherwise I would have gone bonkers.

Lanna

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.