Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a good place to find them? I am in the USA and have found a ton of sites in the UK but I'm not sure I want to do that in case I have to return or what not. A lot of the pants that I DO find are skinnys and those do not flatter me at all. Help!!!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Motherhood Maternity stores (and website) have a decent plus sized selection. motherwear.com also has some good plus sized options for nursing, not really for maternity though. I also found a lot of tops at Walmart, not actually maternity stuff but sized well enough to wear through pregnancy.

I did check out womanwithin.com (I think thats the website) but they don't ship to Canada so I wasn't able to try their clothes. The selection looks pretty good though.

I had a terrible time finding decent pants. I eventually bought two pairs of dress slacks and a pair of jeans from Motherhood Maternity and I've made due with those throughout the pregnancy. But none of them fit well. Whenever I'm at home I just wear really stretchy yoga pants, or else long cotton dresses.

Hope that helps a bit... good luck!!

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
check JCPenney online; they have a good variety of plus size maternity pants, and a good in-store return policy (if you live near one, you needn't ship stuff back, just return in store). Also Old Navy has some things.

Motherhood has a dismal selection of tops in plus sizes. If you don't mind dresses, I find I wear alot of those while pregnant since they needn't really be "maternity" to work well. I'm petite in the bargain, so finding petite plus size maternity pants is not a lot of fun. So I do dresses quite often for work, and then just shorts at home.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
I have found that many plus size styles work well when pregnant (often they are styles I wouldn't go near not pregnant because they normally make me look pregnant). Anything with an empire waist tends to work ok - it's usually easy to find dresses at this time of year in this style. Also yoga pants & those skirts that have the big fold down top (jersey material) work well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ladies. It is so frustrating!! Motherhood has one pair of capris that look decent. They really need to take more time with their photos. The jeans look like crap in the displays. Other than that I haven't found much. I really prefer jeans/capris right now and I see a lot of dress pants. I don't wear dresses (Although my 12 year old boy thinks I should now that I'm pregnant...LOL)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.