Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 17.5 weeks and my clothes are tighter but as far as "looking pregnant", I just don't. I am almost starting to worry as this is my second baby. I did have an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and they said everything looked fine with the baby. I just can't help but be paranoid that something is wrong

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wouldn't worry if I were you, I didn't start to show until I was 22 weeks and I'm currently 25. I started to get a little worried too
'til suddenly, I had a little bump!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I am big enough that it is uncomfortable to wear my prepregnant pants, but I don't look pregnant just fat. I did have a person who knows I am pregnant say I looked like my belly popped the first of this week, but she knew I was pregnant and I think it is mainly the maternity shirts I am wearing. I am 18 weeks and a few days, can't wait to get an obviously pregnant belly

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
With my past pregnancies it probably wasn't obvious until almost 6 months. This time around I'm pretty obvious, if someone's looking, and I'm at 19.5 weeks.

We each carry our babies in our own unique ways, and each pregnancy is unique too.

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
I looked bigger by 6 mos, but not truly, recognizably pregnant to strangers til 8 months. I weighed 266lbs when I got pg, and I'm 5'5".

·
Registered
220 Posts
Tomorrow I will be exactly 26 weeks and I still don't have much of a pg belly. What I do have is upper abdominal distension from everything the baby is moving out of the way. Some people think THAT bump is the baby, but it's not!

I don't much care, though--I'm actually measuring a week ahead, and I can feel her moving all the time. I feel like it makes the pregnancy a little more private. Nobody's touching my tummy at random!

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
When i "announced" to most people, I was 22 weeks, and NOONE would believe i was preggo, let alone 22 weeks. It was much later....maybe 30 weeks, before i started to show like i was pregnant. I have a very healthy almost 9 pound girl!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Out of three pregnancies, I was about 33weeks into #3 before anyone noticed I was pregnant. No one ever did before. I actually had fun with my first "stealth baby."
I had told hardly anyone I was pregnant, and no one noticed, so I got to spring a baby on them out of nowhere!

I was a size 26 when I got pregnant with my first; I weighed 252 at my first appointment (I am sure it was more than that when I got knocked up; I had HG). I was 192 & a size 18 when I got pregnant with #2, and 182/size 16 when I got pregnant with #3.

Oddly enough, though I weighed the least the last time around--I got down to something like 176 with the morning sickness--I started showing to me last of all that time, not til around 19 weeks. I don't think I had a "normal" bump either, at least not the first couple of times, but I could always tell the difference.

·
Registered
32 Posts
With this being my second pregnancy in 2 years, I didnt really start to look preggo (IMO) till 7 months, and Im 35 weeks now and Look like I did when I was around 6 months with DD...

I started out 20 lbs heavier than I did with DD... so I attribute some of it to the extra fluff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts